Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if something were to happen to you..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
Do you think your dh/so would be able to handle raising your child(ren) alone? Not just provide for them but actually be able to handle all duties. Clean house, teach them how to properly do chores, cook, correct morals and manners, extra curricular activities, handle puberty, prom, dating, etc. My dh is a great man and daddy... but I do worry if he could handle it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Yes, without a doubt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:45 AM

He would have to move back home and be near our families. 

He could do it, but he would be completely lost for a while. 

I stay at home, so I take care of EVERYTHING. It would take him a while to get used to being the main parent but I have no doubt that he wouldnt eventually be able to do it

Caitlyn137
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Yes
Might need a little help from my aunt
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Yes.  I had to leave my DH with our two kids for a month to go care for my mom.  He did an amazing job keeping everything together.  He has always been a very hands on dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:52 AM

My husband - Yes. 
My son's real father - No.

Me and my husband have talked about it before and he's said he'd fight for my son, but we both know he'd go to his real dad. It's scary to even think about....  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:53 AM
He could but his job wouldn't allow it. They will go to my sister if anything happens to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Mine would be fine. We do everything together and sometimes I will have him do everything just to make sure he can handle and he does the same with me. I used to worry when we were younger but I had to start trusting him and he decided that we should trade off each others responsibilities to make sure nothing is unfamiliar to us as a couple we did that 5 years ago and have been doing that ever since. Plus it makes things interesting we learn different ideas from each other.
romalove
by SakePrincess on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Thankfully my youngest is almost 17 and I don't have to worry about this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:58 AM
My dh family raised him... well... a lot different than I was raised. They were def more on the lazy side. I do almost everything ar home. Just how I was raised. If I leave him a 'to do list' or tell him hey you need take trash out, he does it.. normally. My family was more stern about things, his not so much. We have a 6yr old dd .. who is very strong willed, tell it how it is, bull headed, princess/diva modes etc. Pretty much just like me as a child. I can handle her. He still has hard time with her. His parents never really disciplined or got on him or his sister as kids. Thankfully he is picking up my sternness.. but... I still worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)