Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Warning!! Never do a title loan **Edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was desperate for some cash about 6 months ago. I got a title loan for $1000. Payments were almost $200 a month. So thats about $1200 I paid already.

I am going up there today and getting my car's title out of jail. It will cost another $1200.

So that is about $2400 to borrow $1000.

When I get there and get my title and my keys I am going to tell them to kiss my ass and they will never ever see me again

It sucks that I had to pay that much but I am so happy to get my title back. Lesson learned

* You all take everything so serious here. Yes I knew better. Sometimes you have to do what it takes to get things done. I am just happy I am getting my title back. No, I am not really going to tell them to kiss my ass. I was joking

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Never ever do a title loan. You can tell them to kiss your add all day long its not going to matter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I never said it was going to change anything with them. Just that I will never do it again

Quoting Anonymous:

Never ever do a title loan. You can tell them to kiss your add all day long its not going to matter.

PerfectVirgo
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this
-_- I thought everyone knew better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:11 AM
what a title loan?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I used to repo for all the ones in town. I do know better but sometimes you just have to do something like that

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I would never do it. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Um.... They tell you up front that that shit is expensive.  Especially if you don't pay it off immediately. 

jakesmom323
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I've never heard of this. You mean you handed over the title of your car for $1k? So if you couldn't pay it back, they would keep your car? That's 200% interest. Sounds like a good business on their part if that's what happens.
bigmessylife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I was sure that you were going to whine about your car being repo'ed. At least you're getting yours back, I rarely had anyone get their title back when I worked in loans.
PerfectVirgo
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:17 AM
You did repos for them and still took a loan? That's comical.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used to repo for all the ones in town. I do know better but sometimes you just have to do something like that

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)