Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM vs. WORKING ***UPDATE***

Which do you think is harder? Have you done both? Do you wish you could do one or the other?

***I apologize to anyone that I made upset with this question. I did not intend for it to be a competition. I should have phrased it to ask "what are the challenges to each situation?" I am relatively new to this site, so I didn't know that this question has already been asked a lot. I would assume that if you don't like the question, you don't need to answer! Since 90+ people have responded, I guess not everyone is tired of the topic. I found it very interesting to read all the different perspectives, so thanks to those who responded!***

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Replies (111-118):
Summom2
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I only work 3 days a week and I like staying home when I do and I also like going to work. I need the money anyway. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

They are both hard in their own ways. I've done both and each had their own hardships.

mom_3.0
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

that's completely subjective and only the person who has done both can attest to it; even then, it's a personal opinion unique to their own lives, circumstances, personality, and many, many other factors. It simply cannot be applied to every family. 

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I think the grass is always greener. 

christina0607
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Quoting justahousewife:

you did say the TV watches your child for an hour a day because you are inflexable during that hour. I personally don't agree with that. You chose to quote me, no one asked you to. If you didn't want me to respond to your reply than you shouldn't have bothered.

If this makes you feel you've accomplished something, good for you. Its not a path I would choose.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I meant no offense but I see I have. I apologize. Sometimes a personal example of how others accomplish a similar task is helpful. That was my initial intention. Have a nice day. :-)

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting justahousewife:

you did say the TV watches your child for an hour a day because you are inflexable during that hour. I personally don't agree with that. You chose to quote me, no one asked you to. If you didn't want me to respond to your reply than you shouldn't have bothered.

If this makes you feel you've accomplished something, good for you. Its not a path I would choose.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Quoting justahousewife:

lol, you think you offended who? I guess I just don't see it as an accomplishment. Sorry.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I homeschool, run a hobby farm, run a co-op, do volunteer teaching, and I am working on my black belt.  I am very busy and I work hard.  I am sure there are some moms out there that are busier and work harder.  I just know I love what I do and wouldn't change it for the world.  Neither one is harder but they are different.  It is pretty impossible to declare one as harder than the other.  We all have different limits.  My karate instructor's limits and my limits are completely different.  We each have our journey to take.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)