Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cosleeping

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have never coslept before. My last baby was in bed with me a lot because he nursed, but we never considered ourselves cosleepers.

This little guy hasn't left my side since birth. I keep him by me. I want him to feel me there keeping him warm and protected. It feels right. The thought of putting him in a crib alone right now just seems wrong.

Now, I see why people do it. Although, I must say it is a little intimidating with a baby that only weighs 4 lbs. something. He is just so tiny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I slept with both of my kids when they were born. Just be careful not to roll over him or him falling off the bed.
Groove
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Ava was 5lbs when we went home, but I still coslept. I kept one arm around her (like a barrier). She was so tiny that I could lay her on a reg sized pillow, and there would be more pillow than Ava.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndigoOwl
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Congrats I didn't know you had your baby! Wow, 4lbs?!
Jstoddard98
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM

You could always get one of those cosleepers that attaches to your bed that way baby is right there. 

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I would never do it, but that is just me. I am a light sleeper and would be afraid constantly. I did however keep them in a bassinet next to my bed until they grew out of it.
AleaKat
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Awe!

This is me and my premie nephew. He was 4 pounds 2 ounces.
I might feel better co sleeping a little with a premie but just be careful I know my sister had a hell of a time breaking the habit later on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM

That is why I coslept with my daughter. I never ever planned on cosleeping...until the first night home from the hospital with her...I just couldn't put her in the cradle. It didn't feel right. 

She slept in my arms for the next 7 months. Once we moved to our new house, she transitioned to her crib.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM
13 moms liked this

He is all nuzzled into me right now. So sweet.
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM
He is so adorable!!!!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

He is all nuzzled into me right now. So sweet.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Im in the hospital still from having a baby on Tuesday and the nurses are getting mad at me for co sleeping. They are afraid for babys safety which I understand but I feel like im being careful. :( mines a 12 pounder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)