Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So mad at DH. I told him not to come home tonight. ETA

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 407 Replies
6 moms liked this

Idk... maybe I am overreacting but I am just so fed up right now. I am PAST my breaking point with him.

First of all, he works very long hours .... 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. So he is hardly ever around which is a different shitty issue itself. And then.. this past week or so, when he IS home he is so fucking lazy. He won't do anything I ask him to do. It's always "I'll do it later" and then later never comes. Well, I am 6 months pregnant and high risk. I actually had to go up to OB the other night for contractions. Turned out to just be bad BH contractions but still.... I am not supposed to be doing heavy lifting or anything and he knows that.

So first.... I went through the kids clothes about 4 days ago and I separated them into 4 large totes. I told him they needed taken to the basement that night when he got home from work. They are still sitting in my dining room.

Then... we got a new breakfast nook and so he put our table and chairs out on the porch because we were gonna get rid of them. Well then my dad came and put the nook together while DH was at work one day but it turned out to be a total piece of JUNK so I took it back to the store and got a refund for it. I told DH the table and chairs needed brought back in since we didn't have the nook... the kids had nowhere to sit and eat! Well, a few days went by and it was still on the front porch so I went out last night and brought it in myself. I am not really supposed to be doing stuff like that but what am I supposed to do?! If I wait on him, it would never get done.

Then .... the final straw was this morning. We are having new living room furniture delivered today so he was supposed to get our old furniture out of the house LAST NIGHT to make room for the new stuff. He said he was tired (boo hoo) and he would do it this morning. I was a little irritated but I said "Okay... just make sure you get up early so you have enough time to do it." I know how he is. So this morning he kept hitting snooze and then ended up trying to move the furniture out TEN minutes before he was supposed to leave for work. The couch wouldn't fit out the door without the door being taken off the hinges and he didn't have time for all that. So he went to work, the old furniture is still in my living room and the new stuff is being delivered at 3pm. So what the hell am I supposed to do?! Our living room is small... the old has to be out before the new can be put in.

I am just so mad right now. He never does what he says he is going to do and I am sick of it. We have been arguing a lot this week and this was just the icing on the cake. I called him and left him a voice mail telling him to go somewhere else when he gets off work tonight because I am done. I told him..... all we do is fight lately and you never do what you say you are gonna do anymore. If this is how you are going to be, don't bother coming home.

He just leaves me to do everything when I have 4 kids to take care of and I am 6 months pregnant and supposed to be taking it easy! What kind of man does that?! I am just so hurt and pissed I don't even know what to do right now!!!!!

ETA for all of you who feel sorry for him...

My DH sells life insurance, ffs. He goes and sits on people's couches, gives them a presentation and sells them insurance. Yes, he works long hours but he is not out breaking his back all day by ANY means.  My job at home, taking care of the kids and the house, is MUCH more physically demanding than his job on ANY day.

*** He came home on his lunch break and moved the old furniture out. Only because he knew I was pissed. But still... it got done. For the ladies who actually understand how I was feeling... thank you. To the ones who clearly have no clue ... eh.. whatever. You can call me a spoiled brat, princess, etc... but you don't live my life and you clearly have no idea how old this BS gets.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM
14 moms liked this

The man is tired.....and I can definitely understand being tired. when he comes home he probably wants to eat and sleep, not tackle the list of chores that you have ready for him...

mary841108
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
16 moms liked this

i couldnt read past the first paragraph. you are so selfish. he works 6 days a week 10-12 hours each shift, right? to support you and your kids? He has earned his right to be lazy when he is home. my husband works 5 days a week 8-9 hour shifts sometimes over time and he busts his ass at work, when he gets home i do not expect him to do a damn thing, why? because he is supporting me and our kids. grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm sorry but I think he has a right to be tired. 6 days a week with 10-12 hour days? He should be exhausted. And then to have to come home to your bitching...He's probably a little happy you asked him not to come home honestly. But be careful what you ask for. You may push him right out that door for good.

Give him a break!

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
11 moms liked this

I get that but he is still the man of the house. Who is else is going to do this stuff? Just because he has a job that doesn't mean he has no responsibilities at home.

Quoting jenmomx3:

The man is tired.....and I can definitely understand being tired. when he comes home he probably wants to eat and sleep, not tackle the list of chores that you have ready for him...

pregnant

ambermarie2006
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM
3 moms liked this
Yea you are overreacting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM

At this point, I don't care if he comes home. He is never here as it is and when he is here, he is a lazy jerk. He could move out and pay me child support and it wouldn't be much different!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but I think he has a right to be tired. 6 days a week with 10-12 hour days? He should be exhausted. And then to have to come home to your bitching...He's probably a little happy you asked him not to come home honestly. But be careful what you ask for. You may push him right out that door for good.

Give him a break!

pregnant

missym31
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
9 moms liked this

Men believe that when they punch off the time clock at work that their day is over(so i have witnessed).. A mommas work is never done. I feel your frustration. Hope it all gets better.. and can maybe your dad come back over and help get the old furniture out before the new arrives?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
6 moms liked this
Ask the delivery guys to take out the old stuff. Seeing as your pregnant they will but try and give them a tip for it.
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
16 moms liked this
Shit you should have thought of before procreating with him......5 times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

A TIRED man does this. He works 10-12 hours a day. but I know how you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN