Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not your child, so why do you care??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
4 moms liked this
So many people today are invested in other peoples kids. Why? What other parents do with their kids does not affect you or your kids so why TRY and make them feel like less of a parent then you because they did something, or are doing something you would not do with or even to your kids. Example: Breast feeding VS formula feeding Why do you care that Mary formula feeds? does it affect you and what you do with your kids? doubt it Ok so you BF your children and they are rarely sick and hers might catch cold more frequently. Your point? No you are not a better mom. You could be considered a bully depending on how you go about talking to her about it. Did you take into account maybe weak immune systems run in the family? and BF would not have mattered? no im betting you did not. Did you take into account maybe her kid(s) were premature and could not BF? nope. you see someone giving their child formula and automatically you think, she could do better. But yet you know nothing about their lives. Example 2: You didn't circumcise your son. Awesome for you and your family. Why do you care if Mary's ds has a cut penis? Why does his penis matter to you? Honestly a child's penis, other than your own child should NEVER cross your mind. UNLESS you are caring for said child and the child has a rash. Other than that it is non of your concern. People circumcise their son's for religious reasons. Doesn't mean they are right or wrong. It is right for them and that is ALL that matters. YEA YEA YEA there are studies showing this and that. blah blah blah. Unless they study EVERY male who has been cut and who hasn't been cut. But they only do a few people. And everyone feels different levels of sensitivity. Its hard to say a guy feels less because he was cut, because you DO NOT know how sensitive he would be if he was NOT cut. Point being worry about your breasts and your child's penis and not everyone else's. No one is going to agree with everyone and do things like everyone else. So stop making others feel bad for doing things differently than you do.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Some people want to inform others, but end up being a total bitch instead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Original post is original.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
5 moms liked this

The only children I am invested in is the children that share my DNA....my kids and grandkids.

Your children .....Your problem .....UNLESS of course I see you out in public physically/mentally/emotionally abusing them....YES I will step up and open my big mouth and dial 911

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Why do you care what other people care about?? Unless they attack you, leave them alone. Same premise.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM

yeah those issues I don't care what people choose.  I don't think it's always a bad thing to care about other people's children but most issues don't really matter.

lylleve
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I only worry about other peoples kids if they r abused. I could care less how they feed them, or if their penis is intact or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Personally I don't. I can look at a persons parenting and think to myself that something could be better for their child (neither ff vs bf or circumcision are issues that concern me at all) But I'd never vocalize it. Because it's not my damn business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Abuse I agree with. Too many kids are being abused and neglected these days

Quoting lylleve:

I only worry about other peoples kids if they r abused. I could care less how they feed them, or if their penis is intact or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I give advice when advice is asked for, but for the most part I'm pretty self centered. My kids are the only ones I care about. I parent with education and am confident in how my children are being raised. I think too many kids these days are being raised at half assed levels, but do I really care how other peoples kids turn out, nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)