Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O. A pregnant woman can't ask her husband to move furniture for her?!?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Seriously?
What is with this "if he works and you don't he doesn't have to do shit"
What is this all about? I just don't get it.
What. A. Load.
Why is money the only deciding factor. This is a family. Not a business. He is not the boss. He is not in charge. I am not the boss. I am not in charge. Why is he so much more important because he makes money.
His most important investment is his children. It is in his best interest to take care of the person who takes care of his investments.

*i am not "her"*

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=115189&topic_id=18145312&next=1#post-replies
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Classy, you talk to your mother with that mouth? My husband works long hours too. That doesn't mean that he is exempt from helping out. He also has 4+ children. How does his long hours of sitting on his ass at work any different than sitting on his ass during the weekend>

Quoting Anonymous:

my dh doesnt sit on his ass for work.

it doesnt matter if a man (or womans) job is physically exhausting or not. the fact is, said person is WORKING long hours to support their signifiCUNT other. a very ungrateful spouse at that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha! Since when is sitting on his ass busting ass?

Quoting Anonymous:

my DH busts his ass, sometimes 16hrs a day. if there is something i physically cant do, that man does it.

i dont ever bitch about anything he doesnt do, because HE does a lot for our family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I'm pretty sure this isn't that poster.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, sir! I read her post. She said that her husband sells insurance. I want to know what part of sitting on his ass all day is physical? Can you explain how he does more physical labor than he would spending a day at home on the weekend?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know her husband? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

my DH busts his ass, sometimes 16hrs a day. if there is something i physically cant do, that man does it.

i dont ever bitch about anything he doesnt do, because HE does a lot for our family.

sampson200
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Sounds to me that she bitches at him to do shit. NOT the best way to get what you want. Men like to feel appreciated and important. Crabbing at them (and them crabbing at us) is usually the quickest way for stubborness to set in and not want to do something because you're being forced.

I am willing to bet she nags and crabs and bitches at him.

I don't do CRAP when and if my husband pulls that stuff with me.

The whole honey/vinegar saying is true; if you are respectful and logical with your requests with men, save for the true dickwads of the world, you'll get what you want.

It isn't rocket science.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
i sure do talk to my mom with my mouth.

what you just said makes no sense.

why dont you get a fucking job?

Quoting Anonymous:

Classy, you talk to your mother with that mouth? My husband works long hours too. That doesn't mean that he is exempt from helping out. He also has 4+ children. How does his long hours of sitting on his ass at work any different than sitting on his ass during the weekend>

Quoting Anonymous:

it doesnt matter if a man (or womans) job is physically exhausting or not. the fact is, said person is WORKING long hours to support their signifiCUNT other. a very ungrateful spouse at that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
yeah, um, im not the poster.
my husband works a physically exhausting job. not selling car insurance or whatever the hell "lazy boy" does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, sir! I read her post. She said that her husband sells insurance. I want to know what part of sitting on his ass all day is physical? Can you explain how he does more physical labor than he would spending a day at home on the weekend?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
And that's the issue. At what point do you say enough is enough? Sometimes it takes a figurative "slap in the face" to wake someone up.

Quoting robyann:

yeah you'd think so.....but what if he doesn't do what you want him to do......then you have to do it yourself or figure out how to get it done.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

The mon with 4 kids who is 6 months pregnant and needed her dh to move the table inside and the living room furniture out?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM

It sounds like the OP of that post nags at her husband to do things. Like the second he walked through the door she was on him with a list of chores for him to do, that she wanted done immediately. While I agree he needs to help out around the house, and that working doesn't mean he gets to be a lazy lump when he gets home, she didn't seem like she went about it well either.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM

totally agree!!! and leaving it on his voicemail is very immature.

Quoting jenmomx3:

She can most definitely ask.  But she shouldn't tell him not to come home if he doesn't do it by the time that she feels he should.  Also, if you know your hubby has worked hard for 12 hours, and during those same 12 hours, you have other people that you can ask to help you, why wouldn't you just go ahead and get it done?? I felt like that was over the top and extra that she told him that he couldn't come home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Because I am fucking handicapped!  I can't walk.

Quoting Anonymous:

i sure do talk to my mom with my mouth.

what you just said makes no sense.

why dont you get a fucking job?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)