Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O. A pregnant woman can't ask her husband to move furniture for her?!?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Seriously?
What is with this "if he works and you don't he doesn't have to do shit"
What is this all about? I just don't get it.
What. A. Load.
Why is money the only deciding factor. This is a family. Not a business. He is not the boss. He is not in charge. I am not the boss. I am not in charge. Why is he so much more important because he makes money.
His most important investment is his children. It is in his best interest to take care of the person who takes care of his investments.

*i am not "her"*

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=115189&topic_id=18145312&next=1#post-replies
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
robyann
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Really only you know when it is enough for you. It would be different for everyone, some may even chose to stay in a marriage like that, just learning to not count on their spouse for much help. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And that's the issue. At what point do you say enough is enough? Sometimes it takes a figurative "slap in the face" to wake someone up.

Quoting robyann:

yeah you'd think so.....but what if he doesn't do what you want him to do......then you have to do it yourself or figure out how to get it done.......

jj4ij
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree !!!!  That post was ridiculous.  He had fun making that baby, wasn't too tired then, ah? 

Well, she is MAKING A BABY....  it takes a lot out of a body.  Some handle it like champs, (luckily I am one of them) , others it takes more of a toll on.  But that is her husband and she needs his help with things he SHOULD be doing even if she wasn't pregnant.  What man expects his wife to move furniture that apparently he couldn't even do?  He should have had a friend over the night before to get it done.  I feel for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I wish he wouldn't be such an asshole about it. I think that if I ask him to help me with something he should do it, it's not like I'm asking him to clean the house while I sit on my ass. But after 8 years, I'm used to it.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you feel about that?

Quoting Anonymous:

DH didn't do shit when I was pregnant. I did everything, including work a full time job, and move into a new house. He's in that mindset of he works, he doesn't have to do anything at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. We all have to draw our own lines.

Quoting robyann:

Really only you know when it is enough for you. It would be different for everyone, some may even chose to stay in a marriage like that, just learning to not count on their spouse for much help. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And that's the issue. At what point do you say enough is enough? Sometimes it takes a figurative "slap in the face" to wake someone up.

Quoting robyann:

yeah you'd think so.....but what if he doesn't do what you want him to do......then you have to do it yourself or figure out how to get it done.......

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree. He should help. And to those that say she's nagging, so what! Maybe if he'd help instead of opt out of doing every thing that PHYSICALLY needs to be done maybe she wouldn't have to nag. Common sense would tell him his wife OBVIOUSLY can't and shouldn't be doing those things. He needs to step up and handle business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

You know what, I got confused with which anon I was talking to. I see what you said and I appologise for the misunderstanding.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. But you quoted... Never mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

The mon with 4 kids who is 6 months pregnant and needed her dh to move the table inside and the living room furniture out?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pretty sure this isn't that poster.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, sir! I read her post. She said that her husband sells insurance. I want to know what part of sitting on his ass all day is physical? Can you explain how he does more physical labor than he would spending a day at home on the weekend?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know her husband? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha! Since when is sitting on his ass busting ass?

Quoting Anonymous:

my DH busts his ass, sometimes 16hrs a day. if there is something i physically cant do, that man does it.

i dont ever bitch about anything he doesnt do, because HE does a lot for our family.

BrookieCookie1
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh it's not me! Lmao! I move furniture like a boss! And I was so determined to not let pregnancy slow me down that I regret not milking it for all it was worth!

Quoting BrookieCookie1:

I'd love to be sympathetic, but you'll have to settle for empathy. We moved three times in three years. Move one and three were interstate moves, and I was eight and nine months pregnant,for the second and third move. And we didn't have movers. THe second move, at 8 mos. pregnant was just me and my husband moving an entire house on new year's weekend. And yep, I was hella pissed, having braxton-hicks like crazy and moving furniture and a couple of moving trucks. It happens, maybe the excercise will be good for you and the pregnancy

Lol! Me too! you'd think by the third baby i'd have learned- I didn't! But i will never move again, BC we're all done having babies, and fear that moving will make me pregnant~!

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting jenmomx3:

She can most definitely ask.  But she shouldn't tell him not to come home if he doesn't do it by the time that she feels he should.  Also, if you know your hubby has worked hard for 12 hours, and during those same 12 hours, you have other people that you can ask to help you, why wouldn't you just go ahead and get it done?? I felt like that was over the top and extra that she told him that he couldn't come home. 

Exactly.  But I'll chalk it up to pregnancy hormones.  When I was pregnant with my twins everything made me Raging Hulk mad, lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I completely agree. And can you imagine having four lo's to chase around in the meantime. Ugh. How frustrating.

Quoting jj4ij:

I agree !!!!  That post was ridiculous.  He had fun making that baby, wasn't too tired then, ah? 

Well, she is MAKING A BABY....  it takes a lot out of a body.  Some handle it like champs, (luckily I am one of them) , others it takes more of a toll on.  But that is her husband and she needs his help with things he SHOULD be doing even if she wasn't pregnant.  What man expects his wife to move furniture that apparently he couldn't even do?  He should have had a friend over the night before to get it done.  I feel for her.

jj4ij
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I can't help but wonder how he would have felt if she went to a male neighbor and asked him to take it out for her, and anyway, it would be a two man job, so two male neighbors.  Fact is, that is what she would have done if she was alone.  Found some help.  I know some men wouldn't care, but other men would flip at the thought of his wife going to another man for help and then having that other man in the house?  I just wonder.

Quoting robyann:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting robyann:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)