Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Opposite Gender Children Sharing a Room

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 28 Replies
What do you think of opposite gender siblings sharing a room if one of the children is an infant? We want to move my almost six month old into either his brother or sister's room. My dh and I both feel the best match would be our dd with the baby. She is a much deeper sleeper and doesn't require a nightlight like ds does (baby likes a dark room to sleep). We would have this arrangement until we move this fall. Any input?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Because we have a new baby, our older opposite gender children share a room. It's only temporary but they love it! They are best friends.
christina0607
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I have no problem with it at any age as long as the kids are comfortable.
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM

How old are the other children?

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM
My 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl share. It's made more room in the house. Less clutter all over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM
5 & 4.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I don't think its a big deal. They are siblings and young children, its not like they are going to be messing around. Sure when they get to the teen years they probably will want more privacy, but as long as they have their own areas to change in, its not a problem.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I don't care as long as you are following the law (so you don't get in trouble etc). In some states children over I believe 10 can't share a room with the opposite gender.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

The only problem I might have would be safety are you sure that with other ones that young that they wont stick things in the crib like small toys that could hurt the baby?

Quoting LiDoMama:

5 & 4.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM
My 6, 4 and 3 year old share a room temporarily (our house is being built so we are in a temp rental home provided by the builder). It's 3bedrooms but one bedroom is downstairs and at their ages I'm not comfortable with not being on the same floor. We use the downstairs as a toy room.

2 older are girls, and 3 yr old is boy :)
christina0607
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mamabear010:

I don't care as long as you are following the law (so you don't get in trouble etc). In some states children over I believe 10 can't share a room with the opposite gender.

don't be silly there are no laws anywhere in the USA that dictate where your own children can sleep in their own hone.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN