Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH and I are both high school dropouts

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this
I dropped out of high school halfway through 12th grade and so did my DH. Now we are in our late 20s now and finally going to college. He is already in his 2nd year and I'm starting this summer. We both got our GEDs, and I actually just got mine recently. I know it's "stupid" to drop out of high school and we did it for different reasons. I do regret dropping out, but at the time I was not mentally stable. I had some issues that I'm just now coming to terms with, and I'm finally able to move on. I just want other moms out there to know that it's never too late to go to college. Always believe in yourself and your ability to support your kids and be a good role model for them.
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Good luck!

T1DKyMom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

Quoting LyTe684:

Good luck!

Lani
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome both of you got your GED! Good luck to both of you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM

What are you guys going back to school for?

Quoting T1DKyMom:

Thank you!

Quoting LyTe684:

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM
My DH dropped out half way through his Senior year. They told him nothing he did would help him graduate. He had minimal help with assignments, a crappy home life & was pretty much called stupid my faculty. We found out recently that DH may have undiagnosed Aspergers.
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM
we both dropped out at 17, and got our GED together when we met at 19. It was great motivation to attend college with my then boyfriend, now husband :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gblossom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Go you guys:) I dropped out in 9th grade and got my GED recently .. lol There is no way in hell, I would have made it to 12th grade and then dropped out, but heyyy, at least you are still doing your thaaang :)

T1DKyMom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Well my DH is going all the way and getting his bachelor's degree in electronic engineering and I'm just gonna get my associate's in human services with an emphasis on juvenile delinquincy. 

Quoting LyTe684:

What are you guys going back to school for?

Quoting T1DKyMom:

Thank you!

Quoting LyTe684:

Good luck!

T1DKyMom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

It's hard to go to school without support.  I know what that's like I had no support at all, not even from the school.  My DH was homeless.  Has you DH gotten his GED? 

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH dropped out half way through his Senior year. They told him nothing he did would help him graduate. He had minimal help with assignments, a crappy home life & was pretty much called stupid my faculty. We found out recently that DH may have undiagnosed Aspergers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM
He refuses to. He's 31 now & he's convinced he'll look stupid getting his diploma so late :/

Quoting T1DKyMom:

It's hard to go to school without support.  I know what that's like I had no support at all, not even from the school.  My DH was homeless.  Has you DH gotten his GED? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)