Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

taking kids to the jail/prison?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would you take your kids/step kids to see their parent in jail?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Yes, as long as he isn't in for something really bad. Jail visits are usually very mild, they are very well supervised and the inmates are kept in order, the kids aren't being put in any danger and aren't at risk of hearing things they shouldn't. If they want to see their father, then they can do so. Outside familial connections are often what keeps inmates from going over to the violent side.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM

No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Ad's mom is in jail for b&e, drugs among a few others and is demanding ar bring sd to see her in jail or she will fight us on revoking her rights

Quoting logansmommy612:

If it was a minor offence and it was out of character for him definitley. If it was murder nope! Maybe if i didnt think he was guilty though.

ms.sophsmom
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I really dnt know. I work at the jail so it would be a comfortable environment for me... But sad for her to see her father there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Did it every Friday for over two years. She was two and a half when he got out and doesn't remember any of it.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
All depends on the situation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hell No 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
My sd's mom wants us to bring her for visits. She has charges for b&e, larceny, drugs and many more.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Yes, as long as he isn't in for something really bad. Jail visits are usually very mild, they are very well supervised and the inmates are kept in order, the kids aren't being put in any danger and aren't at risk of hearing things they shouldn't. If they want to see their father, then they can do so. Outside familial connections are often what keeps inmates from going over to the violent side.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Shes not a danger to the child, she wants to see the child and seeing the child could give her a reason to try to clean herself up, its safe, and it can be a learning experiance to the child of what happens when you go down that path, I would allow it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My sd's mom wants us to bring her for visits. She has charges for b&e, larceny, drugs and many more.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)