Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so pissed (yes, it's welfare related)

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 172 Replies
Alright, so a lot of yu ladies like to talk shit on those of us who have welfare. Not all of yu, but most people have some type of reason. Don't get me wrong, I agree with theladies who think that it's for when it's absolutely needed, and I get pissed at those who abuse the system. Now, me, the only thing I have from welfare is my health insurance (yes, I'm not even 21 and I have medicaid) but I have this insurance because I have type one diabetes. I have had it for ten years now. It's a damn expensive medical problem to have, let me tell those who have no idea.
Anyways, right now I live in Pennsylvania, and have my insurance through our welfare department. I'm moving to Kentucky on a little less than a month, and because my daughter and I both have medical problems, I was trying to get the process started before we moved, so it wouldn't take so long. Here I come to find out that, because I will have a job, I won't be eligible for my insurance. They have a max income requirement, which I can understand.
Even tho it's thousands, maybe more a month for my appointments and for my supplies, that doesn't even make a damn difference. It would not matter the kind of job I got, I still wouldn't be able to afford everything, and here they are telling me that I'm not going to be eligible to live! Without my meds, I will die within a couple of days.
I'm jus so fucking pissed right now.
Sorry for the vent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Kentucky seems to have several different programs for Medicaid...have you looked into all of them????

Here is the link

http://chfs.ky.gov/dms/services.htm#programs

MrsVolle0904
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I have been trying to look into them as much as I can. We are packing, I have a 6 week old, we are still waiting on the loan from the bank, trying to get everything sorted for what work needs done on the house. Ugh. And the list goes on. I'm sure there is something there for us, I've jus already got so much on my plate. It's not like I'm not willing to pat for it or anything like that, I jus don't get why it had to make my life even harder. I know a fresh start had the possibility of it, but damn. It was jus a vent tho. Thanks for yur input. Do yu live in Kentucky?

Quoting Sassy762:

Kentucky seems to have several different programs for Medicaid...have you looked into all of them????

Here is the link

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM
3 moms liked this

*you

Daylightdies
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM

:( good luck i work in a pharmacy and that stuff can get up there in price if u need a tester and strips walmart has cheap brands that dont cost to much 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No...I am in NY BUT I googled the info. When you have time check out the link

Good Luck to you  and your family

Quoting MrsVolle0904:

I have been trying to look into them as much as I can. We are packing, I have a 6 week old, we are still waiting on the loan from the bank, trying to get everything sorted for what work needs done on the house. Ugh. And the list goes on. I'm sure there is something there for us, I've jus already got so much on my plate. It's not like I'm not willing to pat for it or anything like that, I jus don't get why it had to make my life even harder. I know a fresh start had the possibility of it, but damn. It was jus a vent tho. Thanks for yur input. Do yu live in Kentucky?

Quoting Sassy762:

Here is the link

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this
If you have a job then you can get insurance through your employer.
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

There are several drug companies that can help get lower prices on medication (astrazeneca Ive seen advertised on tv). And what about insurance through your job?

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I applaud you for not going ANON... I'm sorry your sick. I'm also sorry for the douchary that makes you feel like you need to justify how you live. I have to ask why do you care what others think?

audreesmama
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I live in kentucky but I don't know anything about Medicaid. Why don't you have private insurance? Where are you moving to?
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Don't move??? Idk. It's the same in mo. If you work you aren't eligible. But kids pretty much always are.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)