Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Write Romance And Am On My Way To Being Published... Ask Me A Question...

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 38 Replies

???... 

(I always have a story going...  Look in My Journal on my Profile page.  I try lots of different plots and types, although they do all feature romance ( and very sensual sex), they are also thrillers, mysteries, etc.)...

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Historical Romance??

IndigoRose
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sassy762:

Historical Romance??

Both historical romance and contemporary.  I tend to do more historical. 

I did a novel, which I am in the process of polishing, called "Ruby Captive" taking place in the Southwest in the late 1800s.  The hero, or rather, anti-hero is Ruby Mendez a magnificent  six foot seven inch Chiricahua warrior who kidnaps a rancher's daughter...  Ooo!..  What he does to her!...  (Lucky girl!)

I also did "Pirate Heart"...  Umm,---featuring pirate captain Will Burton; he's so handsomely delicious!  Will grew up in the slums of London.  One day in the 1600s when he was ten years old he killed his abusive father, who was breaking his mother's legs, and took to sea, eventually becoming the notorious "Black Will Burton", known for his black, black hair and his wicked ways...

I'm still writing "The Sexiest Jewels".  Theresa Rus meets at the opera a real Russian duke,---the stunning Alexandre Mironov who seems like the perfect man, only he's a cat burglar and an international criminal.

CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Will your book be available on kindle?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Toxic.Stardust
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
How long did it take you to find someone willing to publish your work? I'm in the middle if writing a novel and my friend had been sending out queries for a few months now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM

How? I am also a writer. Thus far I've only done ghost work and writing for small gigs like examiner.com. I do have a novel that I'm mostly done with. Did you use an agent or did you utilize the Writer's Market?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Are you publishing or epublishing? My wife had her first book epublished and is working on two more.

IndigoRose
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Will your book be available on kindle?

Maybe.  I'm seriously thinking about it.  I want to go with traditional publishing, BUT I'm getting really eager to see my work in print so I may self-publish just one of my stories to get my name out there.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I love the  Pirate/Buccaneer Historical Romance Novel, the books about the Lords/Dukes etc set in the 1600-1800 are my favorites. I also like the books set back in Gold Rush Era....Cowboys/Indians

As long as the women wore the long dresses with corsets/bustles...etc, lol

Don't tell anyone BUT I really wish women still dressed like that, lol

Quoting IndigoRose:

Quoting Sassy762:

Historical Romance??

Both historical romance and contemporary.  I tend to do more historical. 

I did a novel, which I am in the process of polishing, called "Ruby Captive" taking place in the Southwest in the late 1800s.  The hero, or rather, anti-hero is Ruby Mendez a magnificent  six foot six inch Chiricahua warrior who kidnaps a rancher's daughter...  Ooo!..  What he does to her!...  (Lucky girl!)

I also did "Pirate Heart"...  Umm,---featuring pirate captain Will Burton; he's so handsomely delicious!  Will grew up in the slums of London.  One day in the 1600s when he was ten years old he killed his abusive father, who was breaking his mother's legs, and took to sea, eventually becoming the notorious "Black Will Burton", known for his black, black hair and his wicked ways...

I'm still writing "The Sexiest Jewels".  Theresa Rus meets at the opera a real Russian duke,---the stunning Alexandre Mironov.  He seems like the perfect man, only he's a cat burglar.

IndigoRose
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wkukid:

Are you publishing or epublishing? My wife had her first book epublished and is working on two more.

Congrats to your wife,--- terrific! 

I will be looking for a great agent.  I'd like to see my novels in paper book form , but I'm also thinking of ebooks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I've also written for examiner.com! I am in the process of writing my first novel. A lot of people write so there is a lot of competition out there! I've written a lot in the past but what I am working on now I am really excited about! Some of us should get together and exchange work to read!

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

How? I am also a writer. Thus far I've only done ghost work and writing for small gigs like examiner.com. I do have a novel that I'm mostly done with. Did you use an agent or did you utilize the Writer's Market?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)