Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Enough f***ing whining!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
13 moms liked this

I am getting so sick and tired of all the posts from other moms complaining how their DHs don't help, and they're tired of having to do everything on their own.  Wah.  Cry me a freaking river.  What did you think you were signing up for when you decided to have children and stay at home with them?  

Don't you think your husbands are stressed out???  Some of them have bosses that are totally unrealistic in their expectations, make your man's life miserable for anywhere from 8 to 14 hours a day (sometimes longer), and yet he has to suck it up and keep bringing the money home so that you and the kids can have a roof over your heads, food on the table, clothes on your backs, and little extras too that he sometimes feels like you don't appreciate.  To top it off, some of those men come home to messy houses, crying and fighting children, and a wife that complains how he doesn't help out and doesn't appreciate her.  

Stop already.  As a stay-at-home-mother, the children and home are our responsibilities.  Unless you plan on going out and making enough so that your husband can take over your roll, count your blessings that you do have a husband who gets up and goes to work everyday.  Life is not a Hallmark card where everything is perfect, the kids are well behaved, and no one ever gets tired.  We're all tired and can use some "me time."  You'll get it when the kids are older and you can actually do something for yourself while they're in school, even if it's only soak in the tub with a hot cup of tea and a good book.

PSA over.  Carry on!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I used to be like that... Then I graduated college and got a job. Now he works 3 12 hour shifts a week and I work 5 8's. he does A LOT because he's home more especially if I pick up overtime (I make more so we get more for the hours) I'm very thankful.
DaLordsMezNger
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM
If I was a sahm, I'd only ask him to throw the trash. I wouldnt mind doing all the housework. His job is very physically demanding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I wish I could be a SAHM!! Maybe some day? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
i am sorry but i have to agree with the op.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree with most of what you are saying.  I got married when I was 20.  I whinned all the flipping time.  He didnt work enough. He worked to much. He didnt "support" my FEELERS.  He never helped around the house.  He helped to much around the house.  He never cooked dinner when I was tired.  He cooked but I didnt like what he fixed. On and on...... My Grandmother got sick of it and told me straight out:  Life is exactly what you make it.  Don't bring him home, keep making babies with him, and expect things to just be perfect.  Oh and to go home and fix my own damn dinner.  We have now been married 22 years. ETA:  FEELERS was my Grandmothers word for feelings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with that. And I am a stay at home mom.
Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I'm a Wahm and ill complain if I want. Lol.

my df works super hard, and I acknowledge that, and thank him all the time. But taking the trash out and paying attention to the kids wouldn't be difficult when everything else is done, and he's not the only one bringing in money

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes people need to vent, this place is an outlet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Bravo.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)