Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Mrsa?!?!? **also added picture :)**

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 57 Replies

The night before Valentines day me and DF took DD into the emergency room for bad diaper rash, never would have expected what we were going to be told that night, we found out she had a serious infection, her blood count was 20,000, and she needed to be rushed to a bigger hospital because she needed surgery and their anestesialogist would not put kids under the age of two out. The abmbulance took us to Rapid City Regional Hospital and that night they put us in a room, the next morning, Valentines Day, we took our precious angel down to the prep room, and we watched them wheel her away. Man, the gut renching feeling you get when you watch your little one be taken away for surgey! Her surgey did go qucikly and she did good, they told us we could see her after she woke up more. When they told us we could go back up to our room, and see our princess again, as they wheeled her in, I could not be happier to hold my baby girl, but was sooo gentle not to hurt her. The next day they told us her culture came back for Mersa. We looked at them with a blank stare, we never heard of it! She told us it was what they call a super bug, and only one kind of really strong antibiotic would only kill it, and she had to be in isolation so it didnt spread. We learned more and more as the days went by, how they could never pinpoint where this infection came from, because it could be many many things. Saturday came and my little girl spent her first Birthday in the hospital, she was such a happy and joyful girl!!!! The next day they let us go home, but with a strict schedule, or antibiotics 3 times a day, and anytime her packing in her wound got dirty we had to change it, which was the hardest part because it was extremely painful! She has been getting better each and everyday, and yesterday we got to stop packing! All we have to wait for is her wound to close the rest of the way and we can go back to our normal lives! I wanted other moms to share their stories too, This post is kinda late but I havent had time to really sit down and write it, lol but I did want to share my story, and hear any stories from any other moms who have gone through the same thing, thank you for listening, This post was kindove long :)

Emma opening presants in her hospital bed!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Wait for it....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaleyBree
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Quoting atyou:

Wait for it....
?

atyou
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Hold on....bump it.

Quoting HaleyBree:

Quoting atyou:

Wait for it....

?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
They're waiting for MRSA..
Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
MRSA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
MRSA
Glad your baby is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM

MRSA*

Methicillan resistant staph

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Spelling nazi's ;)
atyou
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Bam. There it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

They're waiting for MRSA..
HaleyBree
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Ohhhhh haha ya Ill have to change that, thanks ladies

Quoting atyou:

Hold on....bump it.

Quoting HaleyBree:

Quoting atyou:

Wait for it....

?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN