Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DS....

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son told me this morning before school, that he gives his afternoon snack to a girl in his class. When I asked why he said, cause she never has a lunch and she is so hungry. 

At 5 years old my son is already selfless. I am soo proud of him! 

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Sweet kid. Good job, mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That is sweet....buuuuuut why aren't the teachers noticing that a little girl is starving?

iwilliams76
by Irene on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Awwww, that's so nice of him. I feel sorry for that poor girl.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Good job mama! My kiddo has always been that way. I've always taught him to share and be compassionate towards others. 

Mama_Gleich
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM

That's what I was wondering too. :-( 

the little girl he was talking about looks neglected too. :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

That is sweet....buuuuuut why aren't the teachers noticing that a little girl is starving?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM
How sweet of himā¤ My son does the same to a kid in his class. The teacher has snacks of a child forgets, but this boy has a rough life and not much food. I have bought extra to send him and to the class. My son gets sad when he knows Friday comes around and the weekend is tough on the other boy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Nothing makes me angrier than a hungry child. I wish there was a solution.

Quoting Mama_Gleich:

That's what I was wondering too. :-( 

the little girl he was talking about looks neglected too. :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM

awe he so sweet...maybe could u buy a bag or box of snacks and wrie a noe and tell th teacher they are for he specific child?? maybe shell get the clue and start monitoring her more closely..either way...wtg your son is awesome!!

Mama_Gleich
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM

You know what! That is a great idea! I am going to do that! 

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

awe he so sweet...maybe could u buy a bag or box of snacks and wrie a noe and tell th teacher they are for he specific child?? maybe shell get the clue and start monitoring her more closely..either way...wtg your son is awesome!!

ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM

we did that with drinks one ime...a kid in my oldests class would only have fountain water with his lunches so my oldest gave him his milk/juice everyday ( he loves water anyways) since he felt bad. i was only for wo weeks...kids mom sent a note in school for me saying hank you...she switched jobs and there was a lapse in pay :)

Quoting Mama_Gleich:

You know what! That is a great idea! I am going to do that! 

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)