Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tickled a Opossum to Death!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had "mommy meeting" last night and got home late that evening.  My husband came inside about the same time I did, we have a large yard so neither of us realized the other was outside.  I asked what he was doing and he said:

"Holly was barking off and on like crazy and I went outside to investigate what the hell was getting her so wound up and I saw a huge Opossum, it scared the hell out of me!  I walked out the door and I heard this hissing and growling and turned around and it was like an arms length away ready to throw down."

"Omg really!?  What did you do?"

"I killed it."

I had a puzzled look on my face because I know its illegal to discharge a fire arm in city limits and my husband is more of a law abiding citizen than I am and I couldn't think of how he would have killed it...

"You shot it?"

He looked at me like I was a lunatic and said, "No, you cant shoot a gun in city limits!  & I didn't walk out there ready to shoot anything, wtf?"...

My suspicion was correct so my next question was of course, "Well how the hell did you kill it then Mr. Rogers?"...

He furrowed his brow and looked at me sternly and poked me in the chest with his finger while saying, "I looked at him like this and said, 'you, stop living! Right meow!', and he listened, just fell over dead right there."...

I almost died laughing, the way he said it & his facial expressions and the ridiculousness of the comment it was hilarious.  

"No seriously, how did you kill it if you didn't shoot it?"

"I already told you, I tickled him to death with the stick."

"Well, I know how you tickle, so that I believe."

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM

BUMP!

unspecified42
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Opossums are super hard to kill! Luckily my dog likes to do it for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM

LOL

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

lol...Well I didn't want to get into the nasty details and have Cafemom Peta crammed up my arse, so...I left it at tickled with a stick...but im sure you can imagine what really happened with the stick, more like, spear stab and boot...bleh...I didn't see it, I told him to get rid of it before I saw it...I have a weak spot for the fluffy aminals but I know it had to be done.  

Quoting unspecified42:

Opossums are super hard to kill!

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I dont know if my dogs could have handled it...my cat maybe...idk...They seem to be a bunch of wussies.  I read they are dangerous to pets, and spread fleas really bad and dig under houses...I didn't know all that.  

Quoting unspecified42:

Opossums are super hard to kill! Luckily my dog likes to do it for me.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM

In hindsight I thought it was cute he was trying to spare me the gory details.  I still never got him to actually say what he did...But the thing is dead and a stick/branch was the only instrument at hand, im sure it was ugly.  

Quoting IncognitoOne:

LOL

mommaleela
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM

You're lucky that critter didn't hurt your dog.  I've had them kill my cats.  They're mean little sob's.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Impressive. lol 

cerainwondrland
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Lmao ur hubby sounds awesome !!!! Tell him he's the shit lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)