Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Outing a coworker! ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
OK, so there is a colleague of mine who is a complete asshole. He tells on all the coworkers and yet does really sneaky shit himself. For example he created a whole new persona with an email and Facebook account to interrogate our chairperson and school board about the elimination of a school program (we're teachers). Yet he thinks it's OK to "tattle" on other coworkers for taking a sick day to go a funeral. However his best work friend is a huge pot head who comes into school stoned every day (we all know this because she has admitted it, reeks of weed, and keeps joints in full display in her car) and he doesn't feel like her actions are wrong enough to tell the administrators.

So normally, and for the past several years, I have always looked the other way. Karma is a bitch and she'll get him eventually. But I recently found out that tomorrow he is taking a sick day Togo to his Bachelor Party. Now again, normally I don't care what other teachers do as long as it doesn't put the students in harms way and they're still learning. But I am so fed up with his higher than thou attitude and constant tattling and making up lies about other colleagues that I really just want to send an anonymous email to the principal about his plans for tomorrow. I know know, I would just be stooping down to his level, but I am not the only one that feels this way. His actions have caused so much grief for so many colleagues I, along with some of my good work friends, can't stand that it anymore.

So I haven't decided yet whether I will tattle or not, but if I did, and I created an email address using my cell, would there be a way for them to trace it back to me?

ETA: he has never done anything to me directly.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Reme ber the karma is a bitch mantra. Be the bigger person
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM

So you want to tattle on him because he tattled on everyone else...and you think that makes you some how better than him? Kind of makes you look like a hypocrite. 

Sounds like you all need to growe up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Did you not read the part where I admit that? Lol

Quoting christina0607:

So you want to tattle on him because he tattled on everyone else...and you think that makes you some how better than him? Kind of makes you look like a hypocrite. 

christina0607
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I skipped over most of it...because it was clear you're just sour grapes. So it just seemed unnecessary. 

you do realize that once you cross that line by making up false emails and stuff you degrade yourself..right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Is there a way to collect evidence to prove both what he has done in the past and his 'sick' day?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to read the whole thing.  She said nothing about her emails being false.

Quoting christina0607:

I skipped over most of it...because it was clear you're just sour grapes. So it just seemed unnecessary. 

you do realize that once you cross that line by making up false emails and stuff you degrade yourself..right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting christina0607:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Or would co workers back you up?  The tracing thing...idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there a way to collect evidence to prove both what he has done in the past and his 'sick' day?

christina0607
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

lol..try reading the last paragraph...

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to read the whole thing.  She said nothing about her emails being false.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just tell the principal in person, face to face. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
You know what's funny? He has never done anything to me! It always has been done to other colleagues and many times it has been lies. I hate that no one has the balls to stand up to him. I have said to his face certain things, I'm not one to mince words, but this time I don't want to be identified as the person divulging this information. And it wouldn't be a false email, just an anonymous account. Again, not excusing it, I'd be stooping down to his level.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting christina0607:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)