Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I really can't be the only one...

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 58 Replies
4 moms liked this

Am I really the only one on this site who is a stepmom and gets along with biomom? I know I am not mom, but when dsd is at my home and needs personals, she feels more comfortable coming to me rather than dad.

Bio-mom, dh & I agree...just because they are not together, dsd should not suffer. None of us will let dsd go without, regardless who pays for it, and yes, dh pays child support, and yes we still do above the court order. Dsd should not go without.

The visitation schedule is only there in case we can't agree, but dsd should never miss out on something just because she is "suppose to be" with the other parent that weekend.

As with many families, I, since I am a sahm, schedule all our vacations and outings. Biomom will call me, not dh when the visitation schedule needs to be changed.

Here is the real kicker...Last Christmas dsd was scheduled to be with us. (Court order says every other year) We allowed her to stay home. Yup, that's right, dh gave up his Christmas with his daughter! Why? Because as a gift, we gave our kids and us a family cruise, but we had to wait until after exams. No sense in dsd missing the Christmas festivities at bio moms, since we weren't doing much that day.

PEOPLE! PEOPLE! PEOPLE! The kids need to come first!

Oh, to add...I use to work full time. Dsd went to work with me when she was sick and none of us could take off. I spent "my" money on her. Gasp!

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM

bump

HaleyCovington
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

You got me beat. I think in time we may get there but definitely not there yet.

KTU
by Kim on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Good job!

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Quoting HaleyCovington:

You got me beat. I think in time we may get there but definitely not there yet.

It took us awhile, but it has been this way for many, many years.

mrscass0416
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

My husband and my oldests sons bio dad do not get along. He feels asthough my dh stole me from him, but whatever. My dh does not have the issue and sometimes you can't control how the other person feels or behaves. He doesn't act a butt because they both know I don't play those games. I don't have anything against his gf. She is kind to my son so thats all that matters. 

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Quoting KTU:

Good job!

Thanks. I think some people just need to suck it up. I am talking all parties involved. When you marry someone with children, it is a package deal.

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

That is how my stepmom was.... I miss her so much. The only reeason I had an issue with my ex's sons mom is because she thought there was something wrong with the boy when there wasn't... She took him for all kinds of tests.. put him thorough hell and whenever ANYONE said anything she owould flip out. I'm glad I no longer have to deal wioth that.... HOWEVER the child always had everything he needed and wanted. No matter who bought it,

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

That is how my stepmom was.... I miss her so much. The only reeason I had an issue with my ex's sons mom is because she thought there was something wrong with the boy when there wasn't... She took him for all kinds of tests.. put him thorough hell and whenever ANYONE said anything she owould flip out. I'm glad I no longer have to deal wioth that.... HOWEVER the child always had everything he needed and wanted. No matter who bought it,

You should have seem the GYNs face when dsd said she wanted biomom and me there. lmao. After, the 3 of us hit Staples for school supplies.

other_mother
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM

You aren't the only one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I don't have issues with dsd, but her mother is another story when she told me my kids should've never been born especially my dd. She said I should've learned from my first mistake, but she is legitimately crazy and doesn't seek treatment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN