Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nook/kindle mamas!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 21 Replies

okay i feel stupid

dh bought me a nook. but there is books at amazon that i like. i have the reading app on my pc but i would love to somehow put it on my nook

i have downloaded the caliber program but dont know how to use it

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

This I do not know. Good luck though!

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I got an N2A card for my nook :P. It basically changes the nook to an android tablet, but it can still be used as a nook as well. With the android side, I downloaded the kindle app free, and then can buy whatever books I want off amazon. The n2a card cost $30..it's well worth it! Otherwise, Idk that app sorry :( lol.

poshkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM
You got calibre on your computer or nook? If it's on the computer you need to hook your nook up into the computer and check which books you like and press move to extrenal hard drive
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM

calibre on my pc

i downloaded it

but i am trying to get the amazon books onto calibre so i can download the books onto my nook

(hope that makes sense!!!)

i have watched tutorials on youtube but i still dont get it LOL

Quoting poshkat:

You got calibre on your computer or nook? If it's on the computer you need to hook your nook up into the computer and check which books you like and press move to extrenal hard drive

poshkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Quoting Angelicembrace:

I got an N2A card for my nook :P. It basically changes the nook to an android tablet, but it can still be used as a nook as well. With the android side, I downloaded the kindle app free, and then can buy whatever books I want off amazon. The n2a card cost $30..it's well worth it! Otherwise, Idk that app sorry :( lol.

I got that too. I love all my apps and when I take it out I read. I also have the Samsung tablet and downloaded the nook app, but it doesn't bring up the books I downloaded from calibre
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM

where did you get the nook card and how much?

Quoting Angelicembrace:

poshkat
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Quoting silverdawn99:

Ahhh! I have no clue other than what I told you, fil does it for me. Where did you download calibre from and is it free? Does it have an extensive book list?
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM

a kind mama in I love free ebooks group posted the link for me :D

there is some books on there but there is a few that isnt on the list

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Ahhh! I have no clue other than what I told you, fil does it for me. Where did you download calibre from and is it free? Does it have an extensive book list?

funnygirlecu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

you basically, can't

Nook and Kindles do not play nice. You will either have to root your nook and void the warranty (if it is a table one) or illegally strip the DRM. And it is illegal and you could possibly (though highly unlikely) face ramifications. My suggestionis, if you really want to read certain books which you can only find on amazon is to buy a cheap refurbished eink kindle. They run about 43 dollars on amazon. Amazon does tend to have a wider book selection and more books from small publishers then barnes and nobles

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

https://www.n2acards.com/

That's where I got the cards. I think for my version of the nook (Nook Tablet, 8gb) it was $30. It was well worth the money because google play (part of android) has tons of free apps that usually cost money with Barnes and Noble :). It's AWESOME! Plus, it's on a card, so it won't mess up the nook, you can hit a button to switch back to nook side or just take out the card.

Quoting silverdawn99:

where did you get the nook card and how much?

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured