Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate tourists and snow birds

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I live in a beach area of Florida. I hate from November to April and June to October. Snow birds drive slower than poop. My child had violin lessons today across town, and a snow bird was going 25 mph in a 45 mph zone.

The tourists are worse. When you come visit an area, people here are not here as a service to you.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
Navywifetk
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

A Yankee.

Quoting ChevronOwls:

Also, what's a snow bird? lol

ablessedlife
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry to hear about this. I live in a cold part of Canada. I don't have those troubles here. But then we have other troubles, like living in this climate most of the time.
It is good to be reminded to be courteous and kind when visiting other places!
khloemum
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I visit Panana city Beach often and I think EVERY TIME im there... MUST SUCK TO LIVE HERE!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

So if you only like the month of May why do you stay?

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

boo hoo.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Here we have not only tourists and snowbirds but college students as well.  Just gotta leave some extra time to get from Point A to Point B in case you get stuck behind a slowpoke or some nimwit pulls a stupid and causes an accident.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually, the area get more $ from military, than tourism.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Oh, you mean those folks who are helping drive your state's economy?  Yeah those folks are LAME!

slw123
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I feel ya!  I live in a beach town in FL too.  I don't mind the tourists as much as the snow birds though.  I don't know why retired people from the north are so damn nasty, but they are.  Actually the ones from Canada are worst (I have nothing against Canadians, this is just a fact).  The tourists just clog up the roads and get in the way, but they aren't as bitchy since they are just looking to have a good time.

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I bet you love what they do for your local economy.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yes, they are lame. When someone drives up coastal highway one in California and stops over and asks which way is north? Yes, they are indeed lame.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Oh, you mean those folks who are helping drive your state's economy?  Yeah those folks are LAME!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)