Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate tourists and snow birds

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I live in a beach area of Florida. I hate from November to April and June to October. Snow birds drive slower than poop. My child had violin lessons today across town, and a snow bird was going 25 mph in a 45 mph zone.

The tourists are worse. When you come visit an area, people here are not here as a service to you.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I love tourists. I live in Vegas and if it wasn't for tourists then many of us wouldn't have jobs. Yeah their driving sucks ass and their arrogance is annoying but eh as long as they're losing their money on our slots then I don't care lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM
My grandparents are snowbirds. They have a condo at a country club down there.

They do indeed drive slower than poop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Every state gets tourists and seasonals.
My mom is from and still lives in fl and she goes to Vermont every summer to get away from the heat.
mom2camy
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I visited Boston about 8 years ago and really enjoyed it. I live in a tourist area and after having to find our way around the city I came home with a new appreciation and patience for the tourists that come here. I wish I could have stayed longer in Boston, I flew in for only 4 days and it wasn't nearly enough time. Everyone was so nice and I really just fell in love with the city.

Quoting christina0607:

I live in New England and fall is hell here. People drive slow and look at dying leaves. It blows my mind. Then they will stop people and ask where the best leaves are...seriously? My answer is standard "the trees".

I totally feel for you. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilredrosetears
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Lmao i hate them too..lol non driving asses..driving rules are pretty much the same everywhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytorn
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM
You think Florida tourists are bad drivers? I lived in North Pole Alaska..tourists there are a Freakin hazard!! At least in Florida you have nice dry road and not massive sheets of ice that you have to drive on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM

LOL ... I was just thinking the same thing.  If it wasn't for those 30 million Canadians going to Florida every year, imagine what the Florida economy would look like.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Oh, you mean those folks who are helping drive your state's economy?  Yeah those folks are LAME!

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Stop looking so interesting they will stop staring. LMAO I live in AZ we LOVE our snow birds come see us here weathers better anyway

mama3p
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I live in Hawai'i...and yes tourism helps our state but yeah alot of tourists and snow birds are straight up rude, ignorant, loud, obnoxious etc.... we just try to ignore them as best we can. Here's a funny quote from a movie that made real Hawaiians look silly.. "damn you tourists! coming ovah hea stealing our pineapples and making my sistah clean your room!" LOL (50 first dates) oh and we get alot of annoying military too...they get discounts for EVERYTHING even the flippin' movies...ridiculous...but there is good in everyone and you just have to suck it up and deal...or move...

T-HoneyLuv
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I agree. All you fucking tourists stop coming here to NYC!! There is nothing to see here folks...keep it moving.

Please notice the sarcasm font. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)