Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate tourists and snow birds

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I live in a beach area of Florida. I hate from November to April and June to October. Snow birds drive slower than poop. My child had violin lessons today across town, and a snow bird was going 25 mph in a 45 mph zone.

The tourists are worse. When you come visit an area, people here are not here as a service to you.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I live in a place that is flooded with tourists in the summer.  The folks from Canada (sorry, but it's true) drive like that-it's always 35 on a 50mph road.  We drive in miles here folks-not kilometers.  But, other than that-most people who live here are generally pretty nice to the "visitors."  I can't see why you find it necessary to be rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM

lol when i read you title i knew you had to live in florida. I live in florida too and i hate they way they drive.
We got behind some snowbirds today and I was like WTF, this is a 60mph zone, not go as  slow as you want zone.

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I live in PHX and I LOVE our snowbird yeah they drive slow but they SPEND big. If not for them IDK what our economy would look like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too!!! I live in AZ, the fucking snow birds drive me crazy!! They stay a few months out of the year and think they own everything. Most of them are rude, snotty assholes. Even the word snowbird send me into a rage. LOL!!

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Lol. Aww.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM

move or shut it

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Do you live in Daytona, Napals or West Palm Beach? lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I live about 45 minutes from Disney. Because of tourists - we don't have a state tax and I'm good with that.
momof2gingers
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Eh I live near Kentucky Lake, so we get quite a bit of out of state fishermen. I used to work at a local restaurant and it sucked in the winter after all the Christmas parties were over because we had so few tourists. With out tourists my ex in-laws would be broke as they rent out cabins to fishermen and boaters. I've learned to appreciate tourists because they drive the local economy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Thats the same as if Florida people come to NY they're so slow especially when it's rush hour you just want to push them out of the way
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Quoting chattycassie:

I live in PHX and I LOVE our snowbird yeah they drive slow but they SPEND big. If not for them IDK what our economy would look like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too!!! I live in AZ, the fucking snow birds drive me crazy!! They stay a few months out of the year and think they own everything. Most of them are rude, snotty assholes. Even the word snowbird send me into a rage. LOL!!

I live outside of Sun City West. They are pretty cheap and do not spend alot, usually. I use to work at two toy stores and they spent the least out of all our customers. Maybe your getting the bigger spenders from Scottsdale or the Fountain Hills area, cause they are not that way that I have seen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN