Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate tourists and snow birds

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I live in a beach area of Florida. I hate from November to April and June to October. Snow birds drive slower than poop. My child had violin lessons today across town, and a snow bird was going 25 mph in a 45 mph zone.

The tourists are worse. When you come visit an area, people here are not here as a service to you.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Replies (81-90):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM

:-P
Snow bird lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM
damn those shoobies!! that's who I hate. conjesting our traffic and junk...ugh.
WhenInRome
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Do you live in St augustine?? We all say the same thing here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megara
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I live in the Disney area.  Tourists -- can't live with them, can't live without them.  PSA:  When you go on vacation, please bring your brain.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Oh ok...well since tourism is not the BIGGEST help to your local economy by all means SCREW ALL TOURISTS.  

What a weak argument.   

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, the area get more $ from military, than tourism.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Oh, you mean those folks who are helping drive your state's economy?  Yeah those folks are LAME!

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM

LOL, when I was in college I went on a trip with my best friend.  We flew into the Bay area, she taught me to drive stick that night at her parent's house and the next day we drove to Mexico.  

Of course, I managed to stall in L.A.  One of the most terrifying things that have ever happened to me in life I thought those people were gonna kill me for holding up traffic for like 30 seconds, lol.

However, I never had to ask which way was north when the ocean was to my left.  Damn homie.

Quoting autodidact:

Yes, they are lame. When someone drives up coastal highway one in California and stops over and asks which way is north? Yes, they are indeed lame.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Oh, you mean those folks who are helping drive your state's economy?  Yeah those folks are LAME!

autodidact
by Snarknado on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM

LA traffic sucks if even if you ARE experienced in driving a stick.

Quoting CoolRelax:

LOL, when I was in college I went on a trip with my best friend.  We flew into the Bay area, she taught me to drive stick that night at her parent's house and the next day we drove to Mexico.  

Of course, I managed to stall in L.A.  One of the most terrifying things that have ever happened to me in life I thought those people were gonna kill me for holding up traffic for like 30 seconds, lol.

However, I never had to ask which way was north when the ocean was to my left.  Damn homie.

Quoting autodidact:

Yes, they are lame. When someone drives up coastal highway one in California and stops over and asks which way is north? Yes, they are indeed lame.

Quoting CoolRelax:

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM
How dare they stimulate the economy!
I lived in Vegas, it's just something you hace to deal with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM

LOL I live in Homer, AK. We are a HUGE tourist community! As well, we get tons of snow birds that live here from May - October. I have the same complaints as you LOL

Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Thats what you get for living in a tourist area. I lived in Gatlinburg for almost a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)