Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No diploma= stupid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this
I find it funny when people automatically assume that people who never graduated, or don't even have their GED, are stupid.

I never got either, and I know that I am intelligent. When I took the practice tests for the GED recently, I got a perfect score on all but the math, and I left school 20 years ago.

I will be getting my GED, as soon as we can afford it, but that is for my own satisfaction. I've managed just fine without it for 20 years now.

My point is, would you know, if you sat down with me and with a college graduate, which of us was which?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM

When I went to an interview at 17 I filled out the app.... 8th grade education( I dropped out in 9th) after talking to the interviewer she asked if it was mistake because she could have sworen I had at least 2 years of college.... I was again 17 with an 8th grade education. I have my GED now passed with flying colors. and like you I did it for  my own satifaction.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I still can't spell top save my life though.... I should really use spell check more often lol.

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Not stupid..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Never received... never got sounds so....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:47 PM
9 moms liked this
Sorry but when you have to wait to afford a GED, I would not call that doing well.
livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Just like when people who have degrees swear that they are smarter and better than those who don't.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM

No, I don't think it means they are stupid.  

There are many ways to learn and just because a person doesn't have the diploma does not mean they don't know the material.

ChevronOwls
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think they are stupid. I think they are lazy and irresponsible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed!
Good Enough isn't Good Enough for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but when you have to wait to afford a GED, I would not call that doing well.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:50 PM
While it doesn't mean stupid, I don't think it looks good either. You should always finish what you start and never quit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)