Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Showering together

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
what age do you think is appropriate for kids to stop showering together? How about opposite sex children? Do you feel the age to stop is different for boys and girls?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Same sex when ever they feel like it is time.  Opposite sex about 7ish. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Parker612
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM
For opp sex I'd say when they notice that they have different parts. For same sex, I guess when they feel they are too old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I don't know.  My 5.5 year old boy and 3 year old girl shower and bathe together.  I will take a shower with my daughter but not my son ever since he turned 4.  My DH takes showers with both kids .... But will stop taking with DD when she turns 4.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM

When they start getting body conscious and asking anatomy questions beyond wanting to know the names of parts. For instance, my son is 2 and still showers with me when I'm short on time, and knows the names of body parts, but he hasn't started really caring. Kind of like he knows the names of the parts of his face, but he's not curious about them. when he starts asking why he has a penis and I don't, I'll have to get better about juggling my time or cutting out part of my daily routine getting ready so I can bathe him seperately without running late. It would be the same if he had a sibling.

As far as same sex, I guess whenever. He has to shower with other naked people in public locker rooms, like at the YMCA, so really that doesn't bug me.

yperez0209
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I've always made it a habit to shower my kids individually. I don't shower with them nor does my husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Quoting ImNotKarl:

When they start getting body conscious and asking anatomy questions beyond wanting to know the names of parts. For instance, my son is 2 and still showers with me when I'm short on time, and knows the names of body parts, but he hasn't started really caring. Kind of like he knows the names of the parts of his face, but he's not curious about them. when he starts asking why he has a penis and I don't, I'll have to get better about juggling my time or cutting out part of my daily routine getting ready so I can bathe him seperately without running late. It would be the same if he had a sibling.

As far as same sex, I guess whenever. He has to shower with other naked people in public locker rooms, like at the YMCA, so really that doesn't bug me.

That's how my kids are. They know body parts but don't really ask questions. I have 3 year old twins (4 in may) and they still want to shower together. My almost 6 year old doesn't want to shower with anyone. I haven't let him shower with my dd since he was like 4 but now he doesn't want to shower with brothers or dad anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Quoting yperez0209:

I've always made it a habit to shower my kids individually. I don't shower with them nor does my husband.

We have always showered with our kids. We stopped showering with opposite sex children when they turned 2 but my dh still showers with two year old and almost four year old. I occasionally still shower with dd who is also almost 4.
yperez0209
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Obviously judging by my answer I rather give each child that privacy. Every family does things differently. The only two that shower together is me and hubby everyone else will get showers individually.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting yperez0209:

We have always showered with our kids. We stopped showering with opposite sex children when they turned 2 but my dh still showers with two year old and almost four year old. I occasionally still shower with dd who is also almost 4.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)