Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me cure possible diabetes... without doc's help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

i think i have diabetes.

i was 'pre-diabetic' about a year ago when i went to the doctors.... lately, whenever i go pee- especially in the morning/after sleeping, it smells really, really sweet. really sweet.

i dont want to go back to the doctors.

how can i stop peeing so sweetly?

i dont drink soda, dont drink juice.... no- i take that back, i drink gatorade sometimes- whenever i get sick of water at least.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
There's no real way to reverse diabetes. You need to see a doctor.

If you have diabetes you need to cut out carbs and sweets and double up on veggies. That's very basic but where you should start.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
you can't cure diabetes, really..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are diabetic, you need to see a doctor.  *facepalm*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Lose weight...

and of course you can CURE it if it's type 2 and caused by being overweight!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Seriously? If it's type 2, which it likely is this late in life, then yes, you can cure it! 

Quoting Anonymous:

you can't cure diabetes, really..

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM
It's not just about " sweet" things my mom has it and has to watch her carb intake too. I'd advise you to see a Doctor...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM

lol i'm guessing its type 2. i've never had it before until i was told i was pre-diabetic... so i just figured with the sweet pee- it formed into that...

then again- i did have a kidney infection a year ago- landed in the hospital for about a week... but i doubt that has anything to do with it. hah.i mean, i'm not hurting anywhere really.

less carbs... no sweets... lose weight! got it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Lose weight...

and of course you can CURE it if it's type 2 and caused by being overweight!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM

is it certain types of carbs? like i know overall, bread is just bad for you... but i LOVE my peanut butter-- sometimes i'll put it on bread, but other times i'll put it on my celery. should i just nix peanut better? not sure how much carbs are in that.... oh! and oatmeal. i'm HUGE on oatmeal... but i think it has a ton of carbs too.

Quoting ecerka:

It's not just about " sweet" things my mom has it and has to watch her carb intake too. I'd advise you to see a Doctor...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM

A natural peanut butter is very good for you! Oat meal isn't too bad either... Try to eat less bread/wheat, junk, sugar, etc. Look into Tosca Reno's The Eat Clean Diet, start getting more exercise. If you watch the show the Biggest Loser almost ALL of the contestants each season start out diabetic or pre-diabetic and after changing their lifestyle and losing weight they are no longer diabetic.

Quoting Anonymous:

is it certain types of carbs? like i know overall, bread is just bad for you... but i LOVE my peanut butter-- sometimes i'll put it on bread, but other times i'll put it on my celery. should i just nix peanut better? not sure how much carbs are in that.... oh! and oatmeal. i'm HUGE on oatmeal... but i think it has a ton of carbs too.

Quoting ecerka:

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Type 2 is not always reversible. My dd is type 1. So we watch our carbs. If something is under 10 grams its considered carb free ie veggies and meats. Make sure you have a protein with each meal. Even if its just a tsp if peanut butter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured