Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would you decide to be a SAHM after spending thousands of dollars going to College?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 328 Replies
2 moms liked this
Isn't that a waste you think? Or will the degree be a sort of cushion for just in case?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimeegreen4ever
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM
11 moms liked this
Being a mommy to a special needs baby was so much more important that thousands of dollars and a career.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't think it was a waste at all. I thoroughly enjoyed working. Being at home is what's right for me at this point though.

southernbelletx
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM
8 moms liked this
I can take care of my fam if something happens to dh. I have also set an example for my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM
4 moms liked this
My nursing degree will always be good. Once my last kid goes to school I can get a job again easy.
BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM
5 moms liked this

I believe it would be a safety cushion just in case. Plus, once the kids get older, then you could begin your career since they'd be in school.

mmmonkey
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM
3 moms liked this
I had my degrees, then I had a successful career for 15 years. Now I choose to be at home raising my children. No, it was not a waste, as my career allowed us to be financially independent and I no longer need to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Even after I finish my degree, I will still be a SAHM until all of my kids are in school. I refuse to send them to daycare, so when they are old enough for school I'll put my degree to use

Hilary799
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree with aimeeegreen4ever. My oldest son is special needs and we have four other children. I chose to be a stay at home mom and as a military wif, it's difficult to hold a job when you move all the time. However, I have a degree and certifications and I'm going to school now. Our children are all school age so I can think about a job and not have to worry about day care expenses.

agrisham13mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Because I weighted the pros and cons and for me it was so much more fulfilling to raise my children full-time and be here. Also we can afford it with out a problem. If I had to work I would! Also I still do PRN shifts so I can keep my skills up and if for whatever reason I need to go work full time I am able.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I've only been a SAHM for a year so no not a waste
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured