Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i got a waitress fired and im not sorry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 517 Replies
3 moms liked this
So we went out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate a big birthday with some friends.
The waitress was really nice and a good waitress.
It was one of those fancy restaurants that do not list the price of drinks and i was stupid and didnt ask. Didnt expect drinks would be 15$ a piece.
When we got the bill it was over 200$. I barely had enough to cover the bill with my debit card and left a 20$ bill on the table. Its all the cash i had.
Like i said she was awesome and i felt bad so i was planning on getting more cash to bring up to her the next day(which ive done before)

We were leaving and she stopped us saying excuse me you forget to bring down the total on your slip. So i wrote in 0 for a tip and brought the total down.

When she saw that there was no additional tip she switced to total beyotch mode anf started yelling at us saying we should appreciate customer service more.
I found out a couple days later my account went negative. Turns out she wrote in an additional 20$ for herself on the slip.

At this point i was livid. It cost me 30$ in overdraft fees! I called the restaurant and immediately asked to talk to a manager. He apologized and reimbursed the money and thanked me saying he had been looking for a reason to get rid of her
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tharealty2
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM
55 moms liked this

yea, no - don't believe you.

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't have been sorry either!! 

That is theft as far as im concerned , i would have done more than just called the manager ...even if it was just $30.

RoseBlossom
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM
3 moms liked this

if she was so good, why was he trying to get rid of her?? and thats horrible that she wrote that

veronica7926
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:19 AM
5 moms liked this

if thats true then you shouldnt feel bad. she basically stole from you. if its not true then you need a hobby lol

AkashaGermaine
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM
2 moms liked this
ALWAYS strike out the zero. My hubby learned the hard way. We got really crappy service and he only tipped $1. Well the waiter wrote in a zero at the end - gave himself a $10 tip! Yeah, he called and complained but it didn't do much good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM
7 moms liked this
She shouldn't have added a tip in, or even been sassy about the tip, though, in my opinion, she had a reason to feel upset. While I don't agree with the tip you left (every waitress has heard the, "I'll bring it back," line), she handled it terribly.

When prices aren't listed, I ask. Sure, I can afford a 17 dollar martini, but I don't want to buy a 17 dollar martini, you know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Trust me im neither creative enough nor bored enough to make this stuff up
SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Omg wow. She must have added a 2 next to the zero. I usually just put a line instead of a zero. Then they really can't add numbers in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I dunno. Im guessing by her reaction she has attitude problems

Quoting RoseBlossom:

if she was so good, why was he trying to get rid of her?? and thats horrible that she wrote that

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM
16 moms liked this

Did you know that this is the only reply you EVER make, everytime I see you reply on a post, its that you dont believe it, whats the deal, you just think the whole wide world is lying?

Quoting tharealty2:

yea, no - don't believe you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured