Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"You want another sibling? You're getting a dog." Here's a confession.

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 20 Replies
That's the heart-breaking reality that my daughter will face when she gets older.

It might seem selfish but I'm not going through the agony of pregnancy and childbirth ever again. This is my confession of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM

It's not selfish in my opinion. If you don't want another child don't feel pressure to have one

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean. Poor ds will forever be the little brother, but I'm 1000% done with pregnancy and childbirth.

bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

It's not selfish to know what you want and can handle. Do what works for YOUR family. :)

nichole_erin
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I'm in the same boat I guess. My experience with my dd was traumatizing. I dont think I could handle it again. Actually, I have this crazy fear that I will die in childbirth if I try again and my dd won't have a mother. So it's looking like she'll always be an only and I feel really crappy about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM
My only child, 5 yr old dd, says she wishes she had a brother or sister and it just breaks my heart. I hope maybe one day I can have another child, but with me being almost 32 and single, it's not looking good...
winkyloafer
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Two of me is more than enough for this earth.

Quoting bcoll:

It's not selfish to know what you want and can handle. Do what works for YOUR family. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Haha, I say that too. 4 of mine are very much like me, I'm glad the other 3 are more like daddy, it keeps the peace. :)

Quoting winkyloafer:

Two of me is more than enough for this earth.

Quoting bcoll:

winkyloafer
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Pregnancy was just Hell. Not only because it lasted what felt like forever but it was painful and nauseating.

Quoting nichole_erin:

I'm in the same boat I guess. My experience with my dd was traumatizing. I dont think I could handle it again. Actually, I have this crazy fear that I will die in childbirth if I try again and my dd won't have a mother. So it's looking like she'll always be an only and I feel really crappy about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Tough pregnancies?

My oldest tells me he doesn't want another sibling, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Too bad dude!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I can't afford another one, as well. I almost couldn't afford her!

Quoting Anonymous:

My only child, 5 yr old dd, says she wishes she had a brother or sister and it just breaks my heart. I hope maybe one day I can have another child, but with me being almost 32 and single, it's not looking good...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)