Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"You want another sibling? You're getting a dog." Here's a confession.

Posted by   + Show Post
That's the heart-breaking reality that my daughter will face when she gets older.

It might seem selfish but I'm not going through the agony of pregnancy and childbirth ever again. This is my confession of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
NoahandEliza
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM
If you ask my dd, she probably would have picked the dog anyway...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
In comparison to many of them on the website, it might be a cake walk, but nothing brought out my vulnerability more than pregnancy and childbirth.

Quoting sugareemommee:

Tough pregnancies?

My oldest tells me he doesn't want another sibling, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Too bad dude!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Totally not selfish, Winky.  I did not want to have a second child, because I did not want to pay school tuition for two kids. Classy, no?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM
My dd has 2 younger brothers and 1 older half brother. She wants another sibling. She wants a sister. I can no longer have any more. She is upset but there isn't anything I can do. I wouldn't have anymore anyway. We can barely afford what we have.
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Heard that. This is my worst yet - and like you said it's nothing in comparison to some but this 11 weeks feels like its been foreverrrrrrrr (sandlot)

Quoting winkyloafer:

In comparison to many of them on the website, it might be a cake walk, but nothing brought out my vulnerability more than pregnancy and childbirth.

Quoting sugareemommee:

Tough pregnancies?

My oldest tells me he doesn't want another sibling, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Too bad dude!

nichole_erin
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Yeah, I had a terrible pregnancy. I was sick every single day of my pregnancy. 9 months of puking is just a little much. Especially for someone who is greatly disturbed by vomit. Then the actual labor was horrible. It lasted over a day, epidural didn't work, and I was in a military hospital which, I swear, was trying to kill me. It was a horrifying experience all around. I'm just thankful I got my amazing dd from it.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Pregnancy was just Hell. Not only because it lasted what felt like forever but it was painful and nauseating.

Quoting nichole_erin:

I'm in the same boat I guess. My experience with my dd was traumatizing. I dont think I could handle it again. Actually, I have this crazy fear that I will die in childbirth if I try again and my dd won't have a mother. So it's looking like she'll always be an only and I feel really crappy about it.

blessed2times
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Nothing wrong with that. It's your family, your call. My son asked for a little brother and I laughed. I told him he can get a fish, but I'm not having any more kids.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM

my ds told me if we had a baby that he would sell it!

he got a puppy instead :P

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Never let other people make you think that just because yours wasn't as bad as theirs that your experience is less. If I am miserable, the fact that someone else is more miserable doesn't make me better (if it did, then I have issues).

Quoting winkyloafer:

Quoting sugareemommee:

Tough pregnancies?

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Don't give up hope!  I was 34 when I had #3, and almost 36 when I had #4!  My MIL had DH when she was not quite 21, and had her second when she was 46!!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

My only child, 5 yr old dd, says she wishes she had a brother or sister and it just breaks my heart. I hope maybe one day I can have another child, but with me being almost 32 and single, it's not looking good...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)