Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm banning gum and candy from my house!

Posted by   + Show Post

Since the kids don't seem to know how to keep it in their mouths or throw it away when they are done. Every single time dh's kids come to visit I find gum stuck on tables and furniture. It's disgusting!!! Last night I found a dum dum stuck to the bed in their room and another one opened on the floor. I am sick of it, so I want to ban it all! Dh always buys them gum as a treat, but I'm the one walking around finding it stuck all over the place and when I ask whose it is no one will own up to it. When I was a kid we were not allowed to chew gum except on special occasions, I suspect for this very reason. lol

Thoughts? Is that fair? Do you allow gum and candy in your home?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (271-274):
Gramto8
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Haven't read all the posts, so it may have already been said.  Peanut butter is great for getting gum out of hair.  Put clothes in the freezer until gum is hard and most of it will come off clothing....a little WD40 on the remains will take care of the rest before washing.  5 kids, 8 grand kids...just saying! 

kayceejane
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I do allow gum and candy in my house. I like candy. I never find it anywhere it isn't supposed to be however. (I have a five year old son.) Also, we rarely buy gum. It is mostly imported german/russian candies for us and typical american stuff for our son. Also, candy is special treat for good behavior so he probably values it more then if say, I were to give it regularly for no reason. We keep it in the cabinet or in candy jars around the house and he's very good about asking nicely for it and never daring to cross my boundaries by taking it without permission.

PhreakPhantasia
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I don't let my daughter have gum, but that's mainly because I don't fancy having to cut her hair because she wasn't careful enough with it. She knows when she's done with it that it needs to be thrown away.

Mila1975
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Try my new book, 'The Very Greedy Boy' available as a book as well as a Kindle download on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. It might just do the trick by putting them off the candy and treats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN