Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dumb mom!!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 28 Replies

When I got pregnant with DD1, my mom was so excited. When DD1 was 4 months old, my mom moved out of the country to get married.

When I got pregnant with DD2, DH and I had been TTC for 16 months and were thrilled to be having another baby. I told my mom and the stuff she told me was "Well, don't get too excited. Miscarriages run in our family" (I have no PERSONAL history of miscarriage so wtf?), and "I wouldn't wish more than one child on anyone", and "Are you sure this is what you want?"

DD2 is celebrating her 1st birthday yesterday/today (Leap Day baby), and while she sent a present, what I really wanted was a phone call or something. I guess she thinks we want physical stuff, but that's not it at all. Hell, she's never even MET DD2. 

Between all that, and DH and I considering a third and last, I'm just so annoyed with my mom. I mentioned to her recently that we thought about having one more and she got really quiet. WTF is so wrong with 2-3 kids?! I really dislike my mom right now.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ratchetlee
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I have 3 kids....it's awesome!  ANd, IMO, it is easier going from 2-3 kids than it was going from 1-2

3 kids are the best :-)

Amybarnhart11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I know it's tough, but you really can't let her opinions bother you so much! If she thinks more than one child is to much then that is her misfortune, but if y'all want a bigger family that's great! Don't let her stupidity have an effect on your decision.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Yeah??

We were going back and forth for a while and the other day I got a REALLY big bout of baby fever and I get this feeling that I might wanna do it one more time! Granted, sometimes I feel complete, and other days I don't...nothing is set in stone.

I just don't really wanna hear from my mom if/when I get pregnant "Again?", how about she just shut the hell up and say "Congratulations" and get excited about another grandchild. It's not like she has a ton! My two are her only grandchildren!

Quoting ratchetlee:

I have 3 kids....it's awesome!  ANd, IMO, it is easier going from 2-3 kids than it was going from 1-2

3 kids are the best :-)

Mrz.Anaya
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I have 4 one right after the other my moms attitude about it was less than thrilled lol ehh i dont let it bother me though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

True. She acts like more than 1 is 30 kids.

Having children is not a decision DH and I come to lightly, so when/if I get pregnant with #3, it'll be something well thought out and something I'm sure about.

I just hate having a strained relationship with my mom, ultimately :/ And it makes me feel like she doesn't give a crap about her grandchildren. 

Quoting Amybarnhart11:

I know it's tough, but you really can't let her opinions bother you so much! If she thinks more than one child is to much then that is her misfortune, but if y'all want a bigger family that's great! Don't let her stupidity have an effect on your decision.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM

My two are three years apart and she tells everyone I had my kids "back to back". I was like "Mom, they're three years apart" and she says "Well, that's BASICALLY back to back. It's not good for your body to have them so close"

*facepalm*

Quoting Mrz.Anaya:

I have 4 one right after the other my moms attitude about it was less than thrilled lol ehh i dont let it bother me though

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Mine doesn't know my 4th exists because they disowned me when I was pregnant with my third.... whom they still haven't seen.

Just before they flipped out and disowned me over whatever crap went on...  

When I found out I was PG with that third baby, I was elated.   I had lived 900+ miles away from my mother when I had my first two, so i never had her there for any of my births.   We had moved to be near them about a year prior to my pregnancy.   I was so excited to share the news with my mother and father, and they would finally be there to share a pregnancy and one of their grandbabies with me!!

Nope..  I told them... they were shocked and disappointed (my Dad's actual words)... They felt it wasn't a good "time" for me to be pregnant.

What???   I'm married and have two kids already that we were raising WITHOUT their help, by the way...

Really, some people are just nutso and better off left alone....family or not!

Amybarnhart11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I can definitely understand that! Have you talked to her about it at all? Maybe he just doesn't realize she is coming off this way....

Quoting robibuni:

Having children is not a decision DH and I come to lightly, so when/if I get pregnant with #3, it'll be something well thought out and something I'm sure about.

I just hate having a strained relationship with my mom, ultimately :/ And it makes me feel like she doesn't give a crap about her grandchildren. 

Quoting Amybarnhart11:

Mrz.Anaya
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Lol! Thats true though mine were born in 05, 06, 08 and 12. When i was pregnant with my 3rd the dr said to stop for a while after her so my body ccould recover i could see the "i told you so" on my moms face LOL.

Quoting robibuni:

My two are three years apart and she tells everyone I had my kids "back to back". I was like "Mom, they're three years apart" and she says "Well, that's BASICALLY back to back. It's not good for your body to have them so close"

*facepalm*

Quoting Mrz.Anaya:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Absolutely! 

It always ends up with her crying and telling me she's sorry she didn't know she was pissing me off and misses us yet at the same time, says she has no intentions of coming back to the States and expects us to make a trans-Atlantic flight, or that they can have an awesome relationship via Skype.

*sigh* She's very immature.

Quoting Amybarnhart11:

I can definitely understand that! Have you talked to her about it at all? Maybe he just doesn't realize she is coming off this way....

Quoting robibuni:

Quoting Amybarnhart11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)