Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh boy.. it's started...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

DS1 has started taking his diapers off at night :/ And nothing we've done has stopped him so far... He can undress himself even if we put zip up pjs on him he can get them off (even if we use the little snap at the top that covers the top of the zipper he figures it out.) Backwards diapers don't stop him either (and they don't really fit very well that way anyway) 
Any other suggestions? :/ Really don't wanna be cleaning up pee and poop from his crib 2-3 times a day

ETA: Forgot to add, we cloth diaper, and use snaps cause he figured out months ago how to undo velcro! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM

no suggestions.  my 22 month old is still doing it.  there have been plenty of morning when i want to cry rather than scrub poop off the wall.  

bump

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried zipping them up backwards? I cut the feet off of the pj's when i had to do this with dd. She started this around 14 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Thank goodness he didn't play or paint with it! *knock on wood* I think I would cry if that were the case! lol.

Quoting almondpigeon:

no suggestions.  my 22 month old is still doing it.  there have been plenty of morning when i want to cry rather than scrub poop off the wall.  

bump

atyou
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I have heard of cutting the feet off of footie jammie's and putting them on backwards.

Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM

No I didn't think of putting them on backwards... I'd hate to ruin brand new pjs by cutting off the feet though :/ If I could find cheap ones it wouldn't bother me  as much (we only have like 2 pairs of the zip up ones to begin with...)  I guess worst case I'll have to suck it up and try it 

Quoting graciesnycmama:

Have you tried zipping them up backwards? I cut the feet off of the pj's when i had to do this with dd. She started this around 14 months.

keyawin
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM

duck tape? thats  what a mom I know used to keep her daughters diaper on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Just added to the OP we just cloth not disposables 

Quoting keyawin:

duck tape? thats  what a mom I know used to keep her daughters diaper on

deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Never had that problem with my oldest. Hopefully when the baby gets a little older she won't do it either. Hope you find a solution.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

yep.  she gets it on her hands & then tries to wipe it off either on the walls or on the sheets.  she'll say, "mama, look, poop."  gag.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank goodness he didn't play or paint with it! *knock on wood* I think I would cry if that were the case! lol.

Quoting almondpigeon:

bump

Ilovemylineman
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to cut the feet out pf my daughters sleepers and put them in backwards to get her to stop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN