Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son's teachers are getting on my nerves

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 160 Replies
No honestly they are. They always do little things that annoy me and I usually say nothing because I don't want to over react or cause trouble but I'm getting fed up. So today was pajama day at school and my son is recovering the flu. He is still lightly coughing so I let him wear long johns under his pajamas and a hoodie incase he was cold in class. He comes home to tell me "his teacher said he had to take it off because he has to wear pajamas". HE DOES HAVE ON PAJAMAS! Now yesterday he comes home to tell me his teacher says "he has to do his homework" I do all of my sons homework with him. I leave it in the folder for 2-3 days and I see no sign of her checking it so I take it out and make space for new work. The day I clean the folder is the day she has the nerve to tell him "he needs to do his homework". What is the most decent way to address this issue?

He is 4years old and in pre k
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

how old is your son? 

2girlsYES
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
What grade is he in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
He is 4

Quoting AmaliaD:

how old is your son? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Pre-k

Quoting 2girlsYES:

What grade is he in?
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Perhaps you need to open the line of communication. Find out WHY your child isn't turning in his homework, find out WHAT items of clothing your child removed inn class to give the teacher the impression he wasn't in pajamas. Good chance you'll find out your child is at fault and your only getting half the story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I don't think you understood the post. Thank you for the bump

Quoting fatcat0908:

Perhaps you need to open the line of communication. Find out WHY your child isn't turning in his homework, find out WHAT items of clothing your child removed inn class to give the teacher the impression he wasn't in pajamas. Good chance you'll find out your child is at fault and your only getting half the story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Why would you do his homework? Its freaking prek.

Yank him out and find another pre-K

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

ask for a conference,   tell them that you need to open the pathways of communication because you DO his homework with him.  you SEnt him in PJs and the sweatshirt because he needed the sweatshirt.   sometimes teachers and parents have a spiral notebook that is passed back and forth and written in by each every single day he has class.     i would suggest that so that they know what is going on and they keep you informed.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is 4

Quoting AmaliaD:

how old is your son? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I said I do all his homework with him

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you do his homework? Its freaking prek.

Yank him out and find another pre-K

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
mine too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)