Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why the negativity towards nannies?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm sure everyone here has seen a grainy black and white video of a nanny abusing an innocent child. I'm also sure you gasped in horror and cursed the awful nanny.

So why, when you see a good nanny, do some women feel the need to put her down?

Yes this is a sort of spin off of another post of mine but I truly am curious and would like to understand why no matter what a nanny does she's bad.

I think I'm a wonderful nanny, the kids love me and I don't feel I overstep any bounds. I leave my job every night and focus on my life until the next morning when I show up back to work. I don't constantly text my boss or her child at night or the weekends and I don't spend my money on the kids unless its their bdays or Christmas. I rarely offer to watch the kids after hours either, because that's MY time.

That doesn't mean I don't love the kids, it doesn't mean I neglect them or treat them bad. It means that I have a healthy respect for boundaries.

I am a bit upset over the rodeo thing, as I mentioned in my previous post. I'm not close to tears over it but I am disappointed that Im not taking the kids. It's a tradition we have and it's something we all look forward to doing every year.

In my other post I didn't curse or even bad mouth the mother. I speculated as to why she said no and I left it at that, I didn't even say she was wrong.

So why did a few feel the need to point out they aren't my children? I've never thought of them as my own, I've never even wished they were mine. Hell on bad days Im GRATEFUL they aren't mine.

So what is it about nannies that provoke such a negative response? Of course no one wants a nanny that abuses or mistreats their charges but the moment you hear of a nanny who actually cares about their charges the knee jerk reaction is that she is overstepping her bounds and that she needs to 'learn her place'.

So enlighten me as to why women think negatively towards nannies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:43 PM

have you seen some of the post on here from nannies? I have yet to see a sane one on here.

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I think nannies provide a great service and are sometimes taken for granted by the employers.  After all, you are helping to raise their children whether they want to admit it or not.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I'm sane

Quoting Anonymous:

have you seen some of the post on here from nannies? I have yet to see a sane one on here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I get the troll vibe from the OP. Always posting about drama. It seems fake and reminds me of someone that used to be on here.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM

With the amount of bs and drama you post....that has yet to be determined.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I'm sane

Quoting Anonymous:

.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM

*I* think it goes back to the old addage "one bad apple* but like everything in life, there's good and bad in all professions.

christyg
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I think nannies are awesome! No negativity here. I think they treat the kids BETTER than mom and dad do sometimes :)

atyou
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I don't.

Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Lol I think you have me mistaken with someone else sweetheart.

Quoting Anonymous:

With the amount of bs and drama you post....that has yet to be determined.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I'm sane

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN