Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why i will never marry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this

Bash away but it's just my personal choice & opinion. The father of my kids proposed ten years ago before we had children. I said, "i love you - but no. i will never marry." We are still together now and we have a happy family like any lawfully-binded couple. Obviously, I am not religious.

To me, marriage is an archaic institution and I understand it means a lot to many people but truly...walking down an aisle, making a few public promises (that are often broken) and filing joint taxes doesn't make anyone more of a loving or committed partner. For many marriage can even be a false sense of security. Men and women alike.

For those of you who love being married - I am happy for you. This is just my view.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I love being married but thats what works for me. No big deal to me if you don't want to get married.

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Nothing wrong with that. With how lightly people take marriage it isn't special anymore anyway

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

lisairv
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I was married for a long time. I will never get married again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Like I always say, marriage promises legal benefits and nothing more. Anything added to that is a personal opinion, not a fact. Marriage doesn't ensure happiness, honesty, communication, or respect. It doesn't protect you from abuse or infidelity, it doesn't promise that you'll be together forever. Those things depend solely on the 2 people involved and they can make things work with or without a ring.

Emmakins84
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Agreed. I'm not religious either, and the rest is paperwork.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I was thinking something totally different when I clicked in here lol. I won't ever marry because I can't seem to find a man that won't cheat on me lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Financially it's not a smart decision but if that works for you so be it.
ProudMomma1022
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM
If your happy thats all that matters. :) im happily married and your happily committed sounds like we got it down. Both are relationships both take hard work both are treasured in our eyes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM

what is the big difference between being married to someone you have been with more than 10 years, living together, and having kids?  there is not much difference to it. nothing really changed once i got married because we were already living together, sleeping together-basically married without the marriage license. we didn't have our kids till afterwards, but i guess what i am asking you is why not? you might as well....you have been together for sooo long, and you have kids, live as married...all you need is the license. nothing really changes. i don't get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this
To each their own. BUT as a paralegal - make sure you both have your estate in order, as well as POA and living wills, etc. I've seen some horrible things happen to people who didn't take the time to put everything in writing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)