Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband just shows up at our Daughters (5) School?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

He cheated and left me and my daughter. Ever since he has been a monster. Tried to leave me with nothing unenrolled our daughter from preschool without telling me. Turned off utilities. Moved in with his family with no responsibilities. He's pissed he has to pay me spousal support.child Support. $2400 a month. Anyway, he had us kicked out of our rental, tried to take my car away from me.

Now he wants a paternity test and cut off temp-visitation with our daughter till the custody hearing. He has lost his mind.  He's dealing with some woman with 4 kids, and helping her out with money, spends time with her kids babysitting and hanging out. come to find out.

I would never have thought he would have put his daughter through this nastiness. I don't want his loser ass, but I think he should treat his kid better.

So, I find out the other day he has shown up twice at my daughters school with no warning. Had lunch with her and sat with her in class. Bringing her gifts?? He has visitation but won't use it, I just don't understand his carzy behavior, and yes our daughter is his. I have never given his a reason to think she is not. Never cheated.

wtf???

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Replies (71-77):
Kris_PBG
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Well, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), a parent being "uncomfortable" is not grounds for limiting or taking away a parents rights. The courts do not take a parent's rights lightly and limit then just bc mom doesn't "like" something or doesn't feel good about it.

Quoting weirdkids:

if she is uncomfortable with him going there then she needs to put something in place before he walks off with her kid.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

On what grounds?????

Sounds like he is appropriate when at school.

Quoting weirdkids:

file a temp restraining order to prevent him from showing up at the school unannounced.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

a restraining order doesnt remove parental rights. it just prevents contact outside of a court order.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Well, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), a parent being "uncomfortable" is not grounds for limiting or taking away a parents rights. The courts do not take a parent's rights lightly and limit then just bc mom doesn't "like" something or doesn't feel good about it.

Quoting weirdkids:

if she is uncomfortable with him going there then she needs to put something in place before he walks off with her kid.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

On what grounds?????

Quoting weirdkids:

file a temp restraining order to prevent him from showing up at the school unannounced.

Makhismommy
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM
First thing is first karma is a bitch so don't worry about his new relationship. And two I would tell the school that he isn't allowed to take her out of the school...I wouldn't tell them not to let him in cause if Gris crazy now then that may spark something else
Kris_PBG
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
A restraining order certainly restricts a parents rights and access to their child!

And do you think a judge grants a restraining order bc mom doesn't "like" something?????????????

Quoting weirdkids:

a restraining order doesnt remove parental rights. it just prevents contact outside of a court order.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting weirdkids:

Quoting Kris_PBG:

On what grounds?????

Quoting weirdkids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
The answer is so simple I'm surprised you had to ask. He loves his daughter and wants to spend time with her. He doesn't like you and is avoiding you. He is showing up at the school so he can see her and avoid you. Perhaps you can be can find a mediator to shuttle your daughter between households for visits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:55 PM

He is her father, and until a court order stops him from going to the school, he IS allowed to visit there.  If the school does not allow it, he can sue them under the FERPA laws.  There is nothing on the school records that says he is not allowed to VISIT.  It just says he can't LEAVE school grounds with her.  Until you go to court, there is nothing you can do about this. 

I feel badly for you that he left you and is putting you both through what he is, but if I were him, I'd be pretty pissed, too.  $2400 is a LOT of money per month.  I don't and never have agreed with spousal support, but I do believe he should pay child support for her.  GL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

That would make sense if he showed concern for her from the time he left. He put us out our rental by ending the lease. Closed the bank account. took my car that was in both of our names.Un-enrolled her from preschool. When I showed up to drop her of they said her slot was filled. Turned the electricity off, my cell phone off. I get it he's upset at me for whatever, but 8 months later he should be over it. I got over it.

I was a stay at home mom and student left in the gutter, but I lifted myself up and survived with help from my family.

If  you love your kid. personally, I would do anything to see her. Suddenly stopping visitation is being a loving father? As far as not seeing me, I park on one side of the parking lot. He would park on the other. I kiss my child goodbye, she goes to him, and I go about my day. Pickups were the same. We are adults and we have a child, so we have to deal with each other. I don't like it no more than him, but we do what we have to do.

He's mad because he didn't get his way in court, he's being held accountable. He didn't get to run off into the sunset Scott free. He feels like he's not in control so he does things like his to feel in control.

Also, not wanting to see me has nothing to do with why he doesn't pay his support payment right, I had to get him garnished. That money is for my daughter also it's combined.Thank goodness he's in the Military, It took one phone call to deal with that.

Quoting Anonymous:

The answer is so simple I'm surprised you had to ask. He loves his daughter and wants to spend time with her. He doesn't like you and is avoiding you. He is showing up at the school so he can see her and avoid you. Perhaps you can be can find a mediator to shuttle your daughter between households for visits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured