Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hermit and SAHM are the same thing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

Maybe SAHM's stay home because they have a social anxiety disorder, and it is more comfortable to be at home with children than it is to be in a working environment.

I am saying this as a SAHM who has children in middle--high school that are perfectly capable of being alone for a couple hours every day.  I am a SAHM who spends M-F with no kids for nine hours everyday, plenty of time to have a job.

I have a degree, skills,more than twenty years of solid work experience, references--I could have a job, but I choose to stay at home so that I don't have to hang out with strangers.

I am a SAHM and the number one reason why I am a SAHM is because I decided to take a break from humanity. 

I chose to be a hermit--and because I have kids SAHM was the perfect excuse.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Im right there with ya sister! 

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Well im a sahm and i go out everyday(to the store, to my families houses, to eat, etc). So that definitely doesnt apply to everyone. I stay at home with my child because he was developmentally behind and I helped him by working one on one with him everyday. Now hes all caught up and ready for pre K. I love spending time with my baby, i will never forget it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM
11 moms liked this
You have a mental disorder. Most of us do it because we care about our children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL yes taking a break from humanity is a great way to describe it. Right there with you!
Anonymous
2 moms liked this

Just because the title is stay at home mom doesn't mean we all stay at home all the time. If it works for you, great, but that's not how it works for all of us.

Anonymous

Oh Lord

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
OK. I am a sahm and rarely if ever home.
Anonymous

There is a lot of truth to this for me. I am sick and tired of dealing with shitty people.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't need an excuse to stay at home.

I stay at home because I damn well feel like it, lol

IF I had known how much fun it would be.......I would have Retired a decade ago, lol

Anonymous
I have kids at home. 1 little and 1 teenager in cyber school. I'm happy not socializing every day, but for my kids sake we do go out. I hate people lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)