Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it better to furlough people instead of shaving off some of the billions spent on welfare?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies
6 moms liked this

Several of my friends are government employees and I think it sucks that if a deal is not reached they have to lose 20% of their pay but we're still going to pay out the billions that go toward welfare.  Why do working people have to sacrifice their pay so that entitlement programs can still be funded?  I know there are some people who need PA, the disabled, elderly, etc.  But there are many who don't need it they just choose to use it because they don't want to work.  It sucks that people who are working will be put into a financial bind but those receiving handouts will keep getting them like nothing happened.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Because the government thinks that working is bad.  Everyone should stay home and the government will provide.  People who do work will be taxed to death. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Actually it will force more people onto PA. Hundreds of thousands of parents will lose child care assistance and head start spots which will mean no childcare so they can work
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
14 moms liked this
This is the wrong place to post this. A good number of the people in this group are the poor, lazy, Self-entitled, PA users you're talking about. Of course they are not going to say "you're right, I should get off my ass and pay for myself."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree, but I also think that the salaries of pro ball players, musicians, actors, and politicians need to be cut as well.
illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
14 moms liked this

Yeah, it makes more sense to cut 20% from all welfare programs. Still provide to everyone, just make people pay more for their subsidized housing, childcare, food, and medical. Let's put some personal responsibility back into the low income folks instead and teach some budgeting skills.

RockEducation
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I agree with you, OP.

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, taxes only pay for politicians. Athletes and actors and such are paid by those who CHOOSE to support them. If you cut the pay of some actors, the money doesn't magically go to the tax payers. It stays in Hollywood.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, but I also think that the salaries of pro ball players, musicians, actors, and politicians need to be cut as well.

marie2409
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Me too!!!

Quoting RockEducation:

I agree with you, OP.

ElitestJen
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

*facepalm*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)