Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy f*** the imaginary drama :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm obese. I work full time and I am in school full time. I have a horrible habit of starving myself all day and then eating junk at night( fast food).

My husband is average and my kids are thin. Kids eat relatively healthy. My kids are only allowed water and on a rare occasion a glass of milk. No pop no juice. They get plenty of fruits and vegetables and they dont eat a lot of fast food or junk. I premake healthy dinners, but there's enough leftover for two lunches. So it gets packed in their lunches for school.

Dh has a sweet tooth. So he likes to keep snack food in the house. Well, I've decided to make some changes. The kids are in a sport each(dd does dance, Ds does swimming) its only an hour once a week.

Well, I told Dh no more junk food in the house. I will be trying to eat healthier more frequent meals, but I also decided on 20-30 minutes of family exercise a day. Mandatory. My 7 yr old just cried for 30 minutes over the exercising. We did 20 minutes of stretching and basic yoga. The way she's acting its like I made her do 20 miles in the rain and on hot coals. Its ridiculous.

I worry that even though they are thin now, they will end up overweight because I'm overweight. Even though I focus more on their health than my own. Even my dh did some complaining about it to me in private. I get it. He can run 2 miles in 15 minutes. Good for him. We need to do this together. God :/. We all did it, but my did is still crying.

Its the end of the world in our house :/
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Ugh. The whining has to end! lol.

Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Try making exercise more fun? My kids and I exercise daily but I don't say "ok we are exercising now!" We go on long walks to the park, we blast music and dance, we have jump rope competitions, things like that. We also race each other haha my kids are competitive and love to beat mommy at something!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Oh, or go on long bike rides or roller skating is always fun too, and swimming in the summer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Does she go outside to play? That should be exercise enough for a child her age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Maybe get the games that go on the Nintendo WII, can't think of them, but there are some that promote exercise? That might make it fun for your kids, and they might be more into it. Hope it all works out for you.

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Yep.  Hava a yard?  Throw them outside.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does she go outside to play? That should be exercise enough for a child her age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Out door time has been walking to the car and to the building and such. it's been so cold, rainy and snowy with really strong winds(we had a snow storm on Tuesday) that out door time has been minimal the past few weeks. She hasn't even had out door recess this week because of it. Both recesses were in doors.

I figured it could be fun for us to exercise as a family and I do plan to vary it up, but I figured since today was the first day of the new changes, I'd do something easy like the yoga(which she's done before). I even asked her how she stretches at dance and to be our "teacher."

I think a major problem is that I limit the amount of tv the kids can watch during the week(weekends only starting on Friday. No tv past 4 on Sundays). No tv or video games at all during the school week. So it cut into her "valuable" game boy time even though she has limits even on the weekend. She had already played her limit and she was just :|.

Tomorrow(before I had even posted this) I said we'd do the Nickjr wii fit tomorrow as a family. I plan to vary it every day.

I really try to instill healthy behavior in my kids, but I can't do that 100% unless I also follow the same habits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Dont sweat it momma
Some people look for complaints- sadly, youre raising one of those people

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Am I ever. :/. Lol. I't slike "Oh my, you're 7 and your life is so hard!" She's learning how to do the splits in her dance class and she'll do it without complain. I ask her to touch her toes and it's the end of the world. Lol. Once we gte a routine going it'll be better, but I think Dhs attitude didn't help. Even though he complained in private, it was still out there. I mean, I get it, he's in the military. This isn't hard, but I want to be healthy and I want my family involved. So they can suck it up and do it. =o!

I do think we're also all cooped up. Can't wait for Spring. Then we probably won't be in doors at all until late Fall.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dont sweat it momma
Some people look for complaints- sadly, youre raising one of those people

conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM
What about getting an jnteractive game, like wii sports, zumba or something
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured