Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

9 months pregnant herpes! Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
Terrified I'm having an outbreak I'm 36 weeks and can't even see my vajay but when urine touched a certain spot it hurt and I had a sharp shooting pain down there.... I know I
Have it but either never have out breaks or so mild I don't notice. I did just shave on weds maybe it's all
In my head bc weds I was going to
Tell them I need valtrex as a precautionary but chickened out due to humiliation and have been stressing it. Any one have an our break so close to delivery and avoided a c-section? Please no
Bashing this is horrible if it is it means a c-section and passing to a baby could be fatal :(

Update:Called yesterday morning and I should of already started valtrex she was a little peeved mostly bc they should of automatically given it to me at 36 but it wasn't in my chart for some reason. She was really nice and my SO picked it up after work hope I get at least a week of it in my system to be on the safe side and deliver vaginally! Thanks for the support and I won't be so imature and reckless again after all this is my baby's health
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charliesmommy11
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Your OB should already be aware of this no ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Don't know, here's a bump. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I would definitely tell the drs. No offense but its not your babies fault you have herpes, you should not let him or her get it because you don't want to be embarrassed. That immature. I doubt this is this first time your dr has dealt with this kinda situation, if may not be as embarrassing as you think.
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I dont think vaginal delivery is an option, but check with your ob
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
She didn't mention it and it's usually given at 36 weeks I will at my next appt or call on mon they may not remember idk

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Your OB should already be aware of this no ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
They have it on record, but your right I shouldnt of waited to see of they bring it up bc I'm embarrassed I feel like an idiot. I'm calling on mon :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I would definitely tell the drs. No offense but its not your babies fault you have herpes, you should not let him or her get it because you don't want to be embarrassed. That immature. I doubt this is this first time your dr has dealt with this kinda situation, if may not be as embarrassing as you think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Only without an outbreak but even if this heals maybe they won't bc of how close it is fml

Quoting Diva-Mami:

kimbotspot
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

your oB would already know if you have herpes, right? ive gotten a full std screening each time i got pregnant and then again in the 3rd trimester

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I wouldnt chance it, but again talk to your dr.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only without an outbreak but even if this heals maybe they won't bc of how close it is fml

Quoting Diva-Mami:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Honey, you need to call your doctor ASAP and tell him/her what's going on.  You are closing in on delivery!  As long as the baby stays where he/she is right now..LOL..don't worry.  While I am no doctor, I do have herpes.  At this stage of the game you might be required to have a c-section.  I'm not sure if Valtrex being used during an outbreak will clear it up before the birth.  CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN