Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Judge me all you want, but I'm ecstatic!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My fiancé and I, against all odds, are purchasing a single wide trailer. We are currently in a single wide, but the one we're in now is two bedrooms, and the one we're buying is three bedrooms, 20 feet longer and two feet wider, and you wouldn't believe the difference that makes. We have four kids, three (two girls, one boy) share a room currently and the baby sleeps in our room. I know I probably sound like trash, but I'm not, just fell into hard times and now we're clawing our way out.
I honestly can't even believe we were approved for a loan. I'm so thankful and praise God everyday for improving our lives little by little. I'm a SAHM and in school at nights and online and I'm so encouraged by this small feat that I can't wait until we are able to improve our lives so much better!
So bash me if you must but you can't bring me down. And those who are down right now, know that it can and will improve. Even if that first step to getting back on your feet is as small as one extra room, 20 ft longer, and two feet wider.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM

no bashing. we're actually looking for a brand new double wide. lmfao

amberbamber0213

No bashing at all. thats good girl! moving on up! heck we are thinking about buying a brand new doublewide and putting it on our own land because the double wide we want is a WHOLE lot nicer than houses we could afford at that price. so happy for you guys!!!!

robyann

Way to count your blessings! Congrats-----your on your way up now! ;) You will appreciate everything you get now so much more. You have been down and know how it feels, so you'll also be a better more compassionate person because of it. Just because we go through tough times, doesn't mean we can't take some good from it. You have the perfect outlook, and big things are ahead for you and your family!

lilygracesmoma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Congrats, that's awesome! I know how it feels....we were able to upgrade from a 1000 sq ft house to a 1400 sq ft house, and I was so happy. We have 4 kids as well, that little bit of extra space really does make a difference!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Thank you! It's such an amazing feeling to know we're able to separate our son from our daughters. I was preparing to move my son's bed into the living room to give the girls the privacy they desperately need. I can't wait to decorate their rooms! And have space!

Quoting luvmy2boys0911:

I see no reason to bash you and those that do are pathetic! It's a roof over your childrens heads..that's whats important. Keep up that good attitude and I'm sure more positive opportunities will come your way! Congrats Mama!

LadyF86

awww, yay. congrats for u guys!

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this

May I just say that I love your attitude?  True contentment comes not from having everything you want, but from learning to be greatful for all that you have.  Congratulations!

JayeC2
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM

No bashing here!  Congrats to you!

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Anyone who bashes is ridiculous. Congrats on your new home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I have seen some classy double wides in my day.  LOL  My Grandparents actually lived in one, it was every bit as big as a house and sturdy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)