Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Judge me all you want, but I'm ecstatic!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My fiancé and I, against all odds, are purchasing a single wide trailer. We are currently in a single wide, but the one we're in now is two bedrooms, and the one we're buying is three bedrooms, 20 feet longer and two feet wider, and you wouldn't believe the difference that makes. We have four kids, three (two girls, one boy) share a room currently and the baby sleeps in our room. I know I probably sound like trash, but I'm not, just fell into hard times and now we're clawing our way out.
I honestly can't even believe we were approved for a loan. I'm so thankful and praise God everyday for improving our lives little by little. I'm a SAHM and in school at nights and online and I'm so encouraged by this small feat that I can't wait until we are able to improve our lives so much better!
So bash me if you must but you can't bring me down. And those who are down right now, know that it can and will improve. Even if that first step to getting back on your feet is as small as one extra room, 20 ft longer, and two feet wider.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
oceanus407
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
A home is a home, whatever it may look like on the outside. As long as it does the job, who really cares? Congrats!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Page 5 and I've seen no bashing or rude comments (unless I missed them somewhere.) I am truly amazed.

Congrats.

cupomeow
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Congrats! I think it is great. I honestly believe that one of the paths to happiness is the ability to recognize all we are blessed with whether those blessings are big or small.

NewInChrist
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Yay!! Congrats! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Good for you, congrats :)

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

good for you

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I think it's awesome.  I don't know why people bash those who live in mobile homes.  Don't ever let anyone bring you down, you are doing what is best for your family and that is very admirable.  Congratulations to you and your family.  I wish you nothing but happiness in your new place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
The one we're in now isn't horrible but it has issues. I keep saying "we'll have real windows! And no mold! No holes in the wall! I can let my baby crawl around without worrying about her getting into something dangerous! A new furnace (ours has caught fire twice)" the list goes on and on. I can't believe the relief this new place brings.

Quoting Anonymous:

Congratulations!  Trailers, mobile homes, whatever anyone wants to call them aren't that bad.  When I was growing up, we lived in one while my parents were also clawing their way out of debt.  It was really very nice.

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Hey, moving on up is moving on up.  Congrats Doll.

sucker4myloves
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Praise God for miracles, big and small. I know exactly where you're coming from, dear heart. I've lived in tiny trailers and I've lived in mansions in neighborhoods soaring into millions of dollars worth of properties--it makes no difference. Happy is where the heart is. I was miserable in that mansion and wouldn't go back if you paid me. You enjoy having a secure home. I hope that one day I can rejoice in owning my own home as you are! But I have an interview on Monday and if I nail it, I have an awesome new job :D

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)