Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ovarian cyst

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I just started a period (I think) today. My last one was n December. I had ultrasound done yesterday due to lack of period and no + pg test. Ultrasound showed ovarian cyst. It started at mild discomfort today and has escelated to enough pain I just took a rx strength pain Med. I have appt w ob Wed....any one experience this shit?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM
And yes im sick to my stomach but not actually puking
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yeah I get them a lot. They can get really really painful but generally go away on their own.

mamakenzi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Same here

Quoting Zazayam:

Yeah I get them a lot. They can get really really painful but generally go away on their own.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeahJ
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Yup. I have PCOS. I few years ago i had to have a cyst surgically moved. Size of a grapefruit.
robyann
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM

yeah me too, always have, some of them are more painful than others, IB helps some, heating pad, rest......

Quoting Zazayam:

LenaChristina
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yep. They usually subside on their own. Once they didn't, but the doc was able to aspirate them in office with a scary-looking needle. Not painful, just felt really weird!

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM
My right ovary was cystic. I was constantly getting huge cysts on it. I had to have 2 surgeries to remove cysts that were 9+cm and 1 of the cysts was hemorrhaging internally. Then I got another hemorrhagic cyst that was the biggest yet so my ob decided to remove my ovary. My chances of conceiving from the ovary was slim and if I did carrying healthy baby to term even rarer. and when my Dr removed it she saw that my ovary was covered in hundreds of tiny cysts along with the huge cyst. It was horrible! And the pain I felt with every single one was the worst! Sitting made it worst! All the pressure! Since the surgery 8yrs ago I haven't had a cyst since.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Sadly activity is causing it to escelate.....and serious nausia kicking in
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Yes, I've had them off & on for years. They all went away on their own except for one. I had one the size of a grapefruit on my ovary. I had to have it removed last June. No problems since then.

I hope you feel better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)