Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ok so this b**** seriously said this...*adding pics even though it's late

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 312 Replies

My friend makes cakes from her home. They are cute but not the best cakes ever either. She knows. Well a girl i went to college with (kris) wanted her to do a cake for her. I told her to message her and she'd give her a great deal. By great i meant like 50-60 bucks.

Well my friend talked to her a bit and she said she seemed like she didn't want to pay for the cake or at least not much at all. She decided to charge her $20 (for a three tier cake Minnie mouse theme). Then kris messaged her again and said she wanted another smash cake for the baby. Two tiers and decorated and she'd pay $25 total for both.

My friend was excited to do her cake and said ok. She told her straight up she's not professional. She does it on the side. Kris said not a problem.

Well Kris came to my house today to pick up the cake. Admittedly it's not the best cake. It does look like the pics though. But the Minnie mouse head was off a little. Not horrible but not great. Id still pay for it bc the other two cakes were great. And huge. She pays. She says she likes them etc.

Well i get home from grocery shopping and she has posted all over her fb that the cakes are terrible. She wants a refund and the list goes on. I'm peeved bc she was rude about it but i call her. I try to sort it out as a friend.

I tell her i will buy her dd a cake at Walmart for $25. She said ok. Then i say but you need to trade me. No she won't trade. She wants that cake. Huh?

I say ok ill give you $25 for the cake and you buy what you want instead. No she wants $25 and the cake. Um huh? You HATE the cake but you want to keep? Yes.

Then she changes it up and says to bring her $10 and she'll keep the cakes. So I'm paying her to keep thus cake? No. And she lives two towns over. She said she's too broke to drive...but she also said she brought a tip but didn't think the cakes were worth tipping for. If she has tip money she can drive to get $10 right? Seriously think she's coo coo bc she wants all her money back brought to her house and to keep the cake.

$5 smash cake

$20 two tier cake + minnie head, the minnie head was a little off. we all knew. but i really think the big cake under it is awesome.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump for my mini drama
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Bumpy
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
What a weirdo....that's just....wow....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
She's nuts, flat out crazy.
LovelyCorrupt
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
32 moms liked this
I had to read that twice, ur friend sounds like a cunt and I really want some cake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Wow screw that
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Me or??

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

What a weirdo....that's just....wow....

skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM
4 moms liked this

Your friend is being a selfish brat. It's a cake, it's going to be eaten anyways >.> ....

photo f0d2fac9-968e-4f2a-b2d4-23b82e20f027_zps882254c2.jpg
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 PM
15 moms liked this
F*** that. I would had told her if she didnt like the cakes then she should have said so to your friend that made it. I wouldnt be paying anyone to keep a damn cake lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)