Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my stepdaughter update on page 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
Called me from the ER last night begging me to come pick her up. It was 2am I haven't seen her in 5months she doesn't want me to tell her dad or anything. She lives 5 hrs away and wanted to live with her mom about 6 months ago before that she lived with us from age 3 now she is 16 almost 17. I asked her what was wrong she refused to tell me. I told her I'd have to tell her dad where I was going if i left at 2am. She didnt want that. She said there is a social worker asking her questions. After speaking with the social worker i found out that sd only wanted to call me and they were willing to hold her until I could come get her. She wouldn't tell me why sd was there in the first place. I took the day off work but didn't tell dh. I got to the ER and there she was pregnant belly and all. She begged to come home. Normally I'd say no but considering i was a teen mom I said fine but shed have to tell her dad. We talked all the way home. She wouldn't tell me who the father was or let me call her mom. I told her that dh would be upset at first but hed understand. I got her a hotel room so i could figure out how to tell her dad. I'm at a loss. He's going to be upset no one told us she was pregnant and we ve talked to sd a few times a week for these past 6m. I thought our relationship was getting better. How do i tell my husband? He's also going to be a little upset that I didn't tell him I was doing this today but I'm sure that will get over looked once he sees her belly. Bm hasnt called sd, me or dh either. Im just soo lost sd won't tell me anything she actually looks scared. Which is why i got the hotel room. She didnt want anyone to know and we both needed too think.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell him...there is NO easy way to tell him this. He is going to get upset anyway...just tell him and get it over with so you can go pick her up before she does something like call her mom or boyfriend

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

she has to tell him. not you. good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM
She said she ran away and only bm knew about the pregnancy she's almost 5ms along.

Quoting Sassy762:

Just tell him...there is NO easy way to tell him this. He is going to get upset anyway...just tell him and get it over with so you can go pick her up before she does something like call her mom or boyfriend

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM
He's going going to know as soon as he sees not huge yet but she's sooo small that she is showing already.

Quoting bustybee:

she has to tell him. not you. good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

tell hubs-

he has been such a loving parent you were following his example and because of that the kid called you
(build up his ego) and wanted to talk to the both of you about her situation
and then drop the bomb
BUT!- she has to be present and accept whatever screaming/accusations etc (have her sitting at a table where the belly is hidden) as the convo starts.

But definitely work on his ego before she tells him she is expecting

notabosley
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

tell hubs-

he has been such a loving parent you were following his example and because of that the kid called you
(build up his ego) and wanted to talk to the both of you about her situation
and then drop the bomb
BUT!- she has to be present and accept whatever screaming/accusations etc (have her sitting at a table where the belly is hidden) as the convo starts.

But definitely work on his ego before she tells him she is expecting

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Sd has Aspergers and mood swing disorder she is a 12 maybe younger education level. I'm sure she knew what she was doing having sex but she's not going to be able to handle a baby. She's smart I mean she called a cab and got to the er but she's not very mature. The last time I asked whi the dad was in a nice way she looked scared and said she forgot.
mlsc85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Something is not right. Why did she run from her mother? I can only think of one reason why she would be scared to tell who the dad is, and it is not a good one. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sd has Aspergers and mood swing disorder she is a 12 maybe younger education level. I'm sure she knew what she was doing having sex but she's not going to be able to handle a baby. She's smart I mean she called a cab and got to the er but she's not very mature. The last time I asked whi the dad was in a nice way she looked scared and said she forgot.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Oh, wow. I would say talk to you husband and let him know that sd ran away from biomom's house and you had to go pick her up and that she is at a hotel because she needs to tell him something but wanted some time before she had to come and face him with it. Tell him that you don't feel it is your place to tell him for her. Then bring him to the hotel or bring her over. She won't really have to tell him, he will see her belly and know. 

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Oh wow, she is really going to need you guys. Is adoption an option? Or are you willing to consider raising the baby with her? She clearly can't do it herself. It's obviously too late for an abortion (I am not in favor of those anyways, but it's not place to decide for anyone else). 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN