Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone have experience with health insurance?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My husband is having to get emergency dental work done. After our insurance it's going to cost well over $1000. I've read a lot of people on here say that they used medicaid as a second insurance. Does anyone know if kaiser will accept it as a secondary insurance? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Bumping for you since I am not sure. If nothing works, try Care Credit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

We did apply for this tonight, but we were denied. He had a student loan that went into collections a few years back., we paid it off within a year but I'm assuming that's why because other wise our credit is fine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

That sucks. Hopefully you figure something out. Dental is $$$

Quoting Anonymous:

We did apply for this tonight, but we were denied. He had a student loan that went into collections a few years back., we paid it off within a year but I'm assuming that's why because other wise our credit is fine. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM

bump

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

we have private insurance that we pay a whole lot into each year, but the dental insurance that goes along with the plan pays next to nothing.  My dh actually bought his own extra dental insurance due to the fact that he has bad teeth.  He has paid in the thousands for his dental work though.  He pays out of pocket. Your best bet would be to work out a payment plan, if they will do that for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM

*Sigh* our insurance covers 80% of it I've been told it's just very expensive. I'm really hoping that they will work out a payment plan. I wasn't at the appointment with him so we didn't ask then, I'm hoping we can figure out when we schedule it next week. 

Quoting littlelamb303:

we have private insurance that we pay a whole lot into each year, but the dental insurance that goes along with the plan pays next to nothing.  My dh actually bought his own extra dental insurance due to the fact that he has bad teeth.  He has paid in the thousands for his dental work though.  He pays out of pocket. Your best bet would be to work out a payment plan, if they will do that for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)