Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

okay so maybe it was a bit childish..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Let me start by saying I am VERY pregnant.

My DH works 2nd shift (4pm-1am).Then Saturdays he works 9am-3:30pm and 4pm-1am.

So I cleaned the house,showered (to wake myself up for when he gets home),made him dinner and waited..20 mind before he is scheduled to get off he calls me from a coworkers phone to tell me they asked him to work till 7am and he agreed.Didn't talk to me about it or anything.So here I am anxiously waiting for him to come home and now I have to wait till 7,see him for 2 hours and he leaves again for 18+ hours.

So I hung up on him,went to his job and told him "either you come home now or you stay here till I decide to come get you" and I left with his car.

I HATE being home by myself overnight! I can't sleep without him,I don't feel safe (there's creepy shit happening around here lately).

I don't even feel safe taking my puppy out to potty! It creeps me the fuck out..we live in the middle of nowhere!

So yes,I threw a temper tantrum and cried (not sure why) now I don't want him home at all.Dear hormones,I hate you.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Replies (21-29):
1likeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You owe him and apology.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM
This!!! He's working not out with friends leaving you behind...

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Extremely childish.

So ridiculous for a grown woman to behave like that, he was at work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:38 AM
That sucks. Now he has to work all night in a shitty mood. You know you were wrong. Apologize. Call him if you can. He was definitely thoughtless to not let you know ahead of time, but he's working, not out screwing bookers. Suck it up and say sorry, and blame it on the hormones.
mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:40 AM
So wait... How'd you get to his work to start with?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Awww he really wanted to be home with you but he was trying to do the right thing by taking the shift. Now you've pushed him away. GODDAMN HORMONES. I put myself in similar situations. HUGS!

tharealty2
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM

omg - wrong forum if you have expectations of your husband beyond him being employed.  ((hugs)) I know how you feel and understand your frustration - dh should've called you when the co worker asked him to make sure it'd be okay if he did that - calling 20 mins before the end of his shift to tell you was a crappy thing to do.   So you acted out in frustration and did something a bit silly -oh well.,. happens to the best of us (shshshshhh - don't tell the perfect women that)  Its unlikely he can now not work the shift he said he was going to, but I would definitely have a sit down talk with him when he is home and has had some rest.  A little consideration on his part could go a long ways.  Trust and believe if it was you working he'd want the same consideration from you regarding picking up extra shifts.

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:34 AM
I'm no where near perfect. However, I don't fuck with DHs job. He works to support us. I've been seriously pissed about him coming home at late hours, but I kept that argument at HOME where it belongs. Never would I show up at his work with an attitude. Ever. That's unacceptable.

Quoting tharealty2:

omg - wrong forum if you have expectations of your husband beyond him being employed.  ((hugs)) I know how you feel and understand your frustration - dh should've called you when the co worker asked him to make sure it'd be okay if he did that - calling 20 mins before the end of his shift to tell you was a crappy thing to do.   So you acted out in frustration and did something a bit silly -oh well.,. happens to the best of us (shshshshhh - don't tell the perfect women that)  Its unlikely he can now not work the shift he said he was going to, but I would definitely have a sit down talk with him when he is home and has had some rest.  A little consideration on his part could go a long ways.  Trust and believe if it was you working he'd want the same consideration from you regarding picking up extra shifts.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtina8817
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Lol...bookers...

Quoting Anonymous:

That sucks. Now he has to work all night in a shitty mood. You know you were wrong. Apologize. Call him if you can. He was definitely thoughtless to not let you know ahead of time, but he's working, not out screwing bookers. Suck it up and say sorry, and blame it on the hormones.

tharealty2
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I'm no where near perfect. However, I don't fuck with DHs job. He works to support us. I've been seriously pissed about him coming home at late hours, but I kept that argument at HOME where it belongs. Never would I show up at his work with an attitude. Ever. That's unacceptable.

Quoting tharealty2:

thats great. thanks for sharing your opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)