Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are your small/silly fears?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM
  • 144 Replies

Not the major fears such as being afraid of heights, not a fear that might possibly be classifed as a phobia. But the smaller fears that might possibly constantly pop up out of nowhere... such as a couple of mine... when I'm standing next to someone, I'm always weary of their elbows, especially if their arms are raised up and moving around for whatever reason, I'm afraid their elbow is going to hit me right in my face. Another small fear I have is when I'm cooking with boiling water, and I go to drain the water from the pan, if there is anything glass {like a plate} in the sink, I'm afraid the boiling water will shatter with the excessive heat. What are some of your small/silly fears?

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Phlegm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Dirt
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM

what about it?

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Phlegm

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Afraid of dirt how? Don't want to get dirty at all or does it cause some other reaction?

Quoting Bluescorpia:

Dirt

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM
I've always heard that there's many things that you can get sick from when digging or planting. Now I don't touch it unless I have to.

Quoting TigressLily:

Afraid of dirt how? Don't want to get dirty at all or does it cause some other reaction?

Quoting Bluescorpia:

Dirt

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:05 AM
6 moms liked this

I have the same fear with boiling water. Also have a fear of the "teeth" on the beginning and end of an escalator...like my shoes string will get stuck in there and I will get hurt or my kids will.

jbirdsladie27
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM
It's gross & slimy and I can't stand it coming from adults, little kids okay, grown adults EWWWWWW

Quoting TigressLily:

what about it?

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Phlegm

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes I get afraid that my boyfriend is going to make his scary facial expression. Small, silly fear indeed; maybe even pathetic but it's real for me, unfortunately...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Wow! I am sort of scared of that as well, but moreso with not getting on or off the step quick enough and then I'd fall and get hurt badly. I used to love escalators as a kid, that "fear" only developed as I grew older.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have the same fear with boiling water. Also have a fear of the "teeth" on the beginning and end of an escalator...like my shoes string will get stuck in there and I will get hurt or my kids will.

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you describe the expression? Maybe find a similar picture online of how it looks? I'm curious

Quoting ATG499:

Sometimes I get afraid that my boyfriend is going to make his scary facial expression. Small, silly fear indeed; maybe even pathetic but it's real for me, unfortunately...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)